Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Grand daddy of Ebay Auctions....

57pbass

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$190,000 would pay off my mortgage, get me out of debt, and buy me a new truck.... Notice that flimsy-looking CASE that goes with it? If I was making that large an "investment"... I would INSIST on a custom-built Anvil flight case be included in the deal... I mean I think the proceeds of the sale could allow for it....

As I sit looking at my finances, wondering how we'll pay for daycare, diapers, etc., I can't imagine paying that for a guitar. My house was only $110K.

But those poeple live in a different world. They bid $2 million for old cars, go on Safari in Africa, etc. My dad works for a guy who's about my age and does all those things. His idea of "some pocket cash for the weekend" is $2,000.

I do... A few weeks ago, Forbes prnted an article on 'investment-grade' guitars, and pretty much listed a pre-war Martin as the 'holy grail', going for 45-65k according to the article.

Apparently the people that read the mag do have more money than sense.

Now if Forbes would publish a second article raising the value of Star Wars figures, Poison and White Lion CD's, and korean-made Fender acoustics and Ibanez basses, I can retire!!!

"Women and rhythm section first" -- JFP

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a bid of $200,001.00. Do I hear $200,002.00?

Bear in mind that THE RESERVE IS STILL NOT MET!!!

This is obscene.

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

Today I saw a 2 year old musical instrument price guide at the Music Box. Those geetars were listed at $130,000 (poor quality) to $250,000 (excellent).

Who would want one of those in their house? you would need a security system to rival the pentagon. would be too scared someone would steal it.

Archived