Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Eden Nemesis NSP115 vs. Avatar Neo B115 or Dr. Bass RX115

dave64o

I've been looking for a reasonably priced 15" cabinet to augment my amp (GK MB150S). Until now I've been thinking I'd probably end up with an Avatar Neo B115 or if not that then maybe a Dr. Bass RX115. I just found a factory resealed Nemesis NSP115 for $350 and that got me thinking again.

I Googled the Nemesis cabinet but really didn't see much in the way of reviews. Same when I searched here and a few other sites. Positives look like the light weight (32 lbs.), a relative low frequency response (down to 38 Hz), and teh Eden lineage. Negatives look like a fixed tweeter level and relatively low power handling compared to the other cabinets I was looking at. While searching for info on the Nemesis I also got somewhat interested in the Ashdown MAG 115 Deep, but I'm not sure I want to throw yet another contender into the mix, unless that looks like a good alternative

For reference:

- I play primarily a Lakland 55-02 but also have a MIM Fender Jazz Deluxe V. However, I may be selling the Fender soon, partly to help finance the cabinet and head I'm considering.

- I play a variety of styles, mostly classic rock and progressive rock but with other influences as well.

- I'd like to also add a head maybe later in the year to get a little more versatility.

- I'm not gigging and probalby won't be in the near future, but who knows about mid-term.

- Right now I'm recording with another guitarist friend and jam with him at his house on occassion. He has a 100 watt Fender Dual Showman and a 2x12 cabinet and that combination is LOUD. Most of what we're doing is kind of progressive-leaning

- I've also been talking to another guitarist friend and will start playing with him as well, mostly rock and blues. He may also join up with me and my other friend but his amp is a 15 watt Fender Blues Junior so volume is much less of an issue with him.

- For a head, I also found a "scratch and dent" Ashdown MAG600H head for under $450 (full warranty) and even though I'll have to beg forgiveness from my wife I'm really tempted to jump on that also, but i'm undecided.

So, anyone with any experience with the NSP115? I know I see a lot of very favorable impressions with Eden in general, but I haven't seen a Nemesis cabinet in any of the stores around here to actually try one.

Thanks!

--------------------

Dave O.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
None of tha cabs you mention are especially awe inspiring. Take a look at a used Black Widow-equipped 115, or the non-Neo Avatar 115 (used, should still be available), or the Dr Bass BL 115 - or expand your search to others - possibly not even 15 cabs.

jeremy,

Not trying to be a wiseass, but I'm having a tough time making out those cabinets. The Black Spy's looks like it could be an Avatar, don't know about the White Spy's.

A little help? :)

Thanks!

--------------------

Dave O.

Archived