Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ack...brutal fretless GAS attack!!!

Quinn

I've never owned a fretless bass and never really thought I wanted one...until today, that is!

While waiting for my wife to get some shopping done, I strolled into a local music store and plugged in what looked like the most interesting bass on the wall - a fretless Ernie Ball MM Sterling with the piezo option. It was used and showed some minor fingerboard wear where the strings rubbed, but seemed to be in excellent shape.

When I plugged it in it sounded sooo good even through the crappy amp they had set up. MWAH! :love:

They wanted $799 for it w/OHSC. Bass Northwest shows a list price of $2065.00, so this looks like a very reasonable price, no?

Quick, somebody talk me out of it or something.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got one, but without the piezo. It is just wonderful. Like you, the first time I played one I said, "This is it!" $799 is a good price for a used one.

Sorry...you won't find me talking you out of it. :D Sounds like a great move!

Originally posted by Quinn:

They wanted $799 for it w/OHSC. Bass Northwest shows a list price of $2065.00, so this looks like a very reasonable price, no?

It's worth the price and you probably won't need to upgrade as it has everything you could want in a fretless. See if you can put it on layaway... :D

Nahhhh. You don't want to lay out that kind of bread. Think of all the nice things you could do for others with that money.

BTW - where is this store? :P

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Matt,

lol! If you're actually interested, let me know and I'll give you the secret location. ;)

Danzilla,

Bah humbug! :D

I'll be in Maryland for the holidays. Columbia to be exact (where I spent many years.) Think we'll get snow for Christmas?

Eddie,

Nope, I think I'm going to grit my teeth and pass. As tempted as I am, I'd have to sell one of my other basses and I just don't think the fretless would see as much use as my backup P.

TBM,

It's a four.

Archived