Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bad signatures

bottle12am

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since when has financial & marketing success been the measuring stick for artistic merit? Come on, BGO. You should know better.
lol, always.

i was just saying that even if he wasn't that talented, he's gotta be doing something right to be making that much money, musicially or not.

Besides, even if i hate a musician to death, i don't make fun of there talent if they are successful...that is unless of course they have done something to make me dislike them in another way, hahahah.

;)

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

Originally posted by justinruins:

Anyone ever see or try the Victor Bailey Jazz bass? It looked sweet, but I'm a broke ass.

I have actually seen and heard it in concert 2 times already. It looks hot and sounds even hotter (with Victor playing it). But he always has this midrangey setup, so i wonder how it would actually sound with a flat or scooped EQ.

That bass definitely belongs to the 'Good Signatures' category.

Warwick Streamer Jazzman 5, Fernandes LEB-2

Ashdown ABM-300, Ashdown ABM 4x10

Originally posted by jeremy c:

"seasoned punk players"?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

(ducking for cover)

Hold on a second, everyone is soooo intent on slating punk, well, would you rather know tons of scales or be having the time of your life?

And whose to say that punk bassists are crap?

The Ramones weren't great musicians, they never wanted to be, they rocked their socks off, and did it very well, and to me, that is better than knowing everything there is to know about playing a bass, music isn't about that, it's about venting your feelings it's about having the best time ever with the best people ever, and if you are doing the best, who cares how well you play?

Originally posted by josh a:

"seasoned punk players"?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

(ducking for cover)

Hold on a second, everyone is soooo intent on slating punk, well, would you rather know tons of scales or be having the time of your life?

And whose to say that punk bassists are crap?

The Ramones weren't great musicians, they never wanted to be, they rocked their socks off, and did it very well, and to me, that is better than knowing everything there is to know about playing a bass, music isn't about that, it's about venting your feelings it's about having the best time ever with the best people ever, and if you are doing the best, who cares how well you play?

Good thing he ducked. :D

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Knowing scales enables the time of my life. Making horrible out of key sounds in public is anti-time of my life.

Nothing against punk - punk isan accepted genre. It just happens to be one that doesn't demand a lot of skillz.

- Matt W.

I had mentioned in another thread that I found the Jaco replica to be extremely rediculous.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/src=SearchDex/search/detail/base_pid/510539

Oh, and thank you to BGO for giving the backround on the Hoppus Bass. And by the way, if you take a Standard Jazz at $475.00. Then add a Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-3 Quarter Pound Precision Bass Pickup which retails at $65. Yes, you will be saving $20, but you will be missing the cool colors offered by the Hoppus and you won't be able to say it's a Hoppus signature.

"Some people are like "slinkies". They're not really good for anything;

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a

flight of stairs."

Originally posted by Stackimo:

I had mentioned in another thread that I found the Jaco replica to be extremely rediculous.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/src=SearchDex/search/detail/base_pid/510539

Oh, and thank you to BGO for giving the backround on the Hoppus Bass. And by the way, if you take a Standard Jazz at $475.00. Then add a Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-3 Quarter Pound Precision Bass Pickup which retails at $65. Yes, you will be saving $20, but you will be missing the cool colors offered by the Hoppus and you won't be able to say it's a Hoppus signature.

And don't foget the happy healthy loving techs at Fender install that pup for you! That's at least a $50 value! :D

Then there's always my own Fender Jcadmus Signature '78 Jazz Bass -- block inlays, white binding, rosewood fingerboard, tri-color sunburst finish, "skunkstripe" neck, stock pickups, tortoise shell pickguard, chrome knobs, extra string tree for the "A" string, Leo Quan Badass II bridge, custom brass nut.

They just made the one, though.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Sid Vicious is my idol. He's very well-seasoned.

http://timezoneradio.com/images/logos/SidViciousmugshot.jpg

http://www.sohoblues.com/SoHoBlues/previewpages/preview16.jpg

Time to buy the Sid Vicious signature.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/graphics/photos/notorious_murders/celebrity/sid_vicious/4-1-Sid-Vicious-plays-bass-.jpg

Is it just this photo or was Sid really tiny? Or was his bass really gigantic?

Sid Vicious is my idol. He's very well-seasoned.

http://timezoneradio.com/images/logos/SidViciousmugshot.jpg

http://www.sohoblues.com/SoHoBlues/previewpages/preview16.jpg

Time to buy the Sid Vicious signature.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/graphics/photos/notorious_murders/celebrity/sid_vicious/4-1-Sid-Vicious-plays-bass-.jpg

Isn't that the signature bass with no output jack? :confused:

It's the photo. He was 6'2" tall.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Originally posted by Matt W:

Knowing scales enables the time of my life. Making horrible out of key sounds in public is anti-time of my life.

Nothing against punk - punk isan accepted genre. It just happens to be one that doesn't demand a lot of skillz.

Well, yeah it does, I doubt many people can go out and rock that hard, and still play well enough to make live albums...

josh a,

we're just pulling your chain, don't take it too seriously.

I was originally responding to the poster that said that one bassist was in a pop punk band as opposed to being a seasoned punk player.

If you can play the instrument, I don't care what kind of band you are in, or what the audience looks like.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion of signature basses.

I like the Reggie Hamilton signature Fender. He's another top bassist with very little name recognition.

josh a,

we're just pulling your chain, don't take it too seriously.

I was originally responding to the poster that said that one bassist was in a pop punk band as opposed to being a seasoned punk player.

If you can play the instrument, I don't care what kind of band you are in, or what the audience looks like.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion of signature basses.

I like the Reggie Hamilton signature Fender. He's another top bassist with very little name recognition.

I didn't think I was being too serious? Just putting my point across ;)

Archived