Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

charity gig, toy drive. TONIGHT.

The Fonz

sorry it's starting to seem like all the topics i've been posting have been gigspam, but i AM contributing elsewhere, i swear.

that said, Modern Electric is playing a toys for tots benefit at continental. thursday, december 22nd, although i'm not 100% sure when we go on (i will update in bump form). the theme for the evening is ac/dc (last year was aerosmithmas) so we will be performing 2 ac/dc covers and 1 original. admission is 1 toy for the charity to give to some kid who really needs his christmas to be merry somehow.

now at least you guys can actually feel some legitamte guilt about not getting to the show :D

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

whoopsie. much love, fred, for pointing that out.

continental, 25 3rd ave (between st. marks and 9th st). astor place on the 6 train. then it's like 2 blocks east past cooper union. whatever happened to the cube, by the way? that used to be the easiest landmark...

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

a bump for the show being TONIGHT. please folks, i know the transit strike makes this one hard to make, but this is a charity gig. a toy drive for poor kids. admission is one (1) new, unwrapped toy. modern electric goes on at a little after 8. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/scarfaccio/toydrive.gif

hope to see you guys there, toys recently donated.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

hey folks, just got home and i have to say, those that missed the show, missed out. holy leaping moses. next time someone tells you there's an all-star LES punk band playing anything anywhere, you should trample over your own mother to see it. "the mercy killers" are one such band, members and ex-members of different bands from the lower east side punk/hardcore scene. bands like this get together for shows like this: charity cover gigs. they played (in order) highway to hell, TNT, and dirty deeds and they f@#$ing KILLED. best performance i've ever seen, bar NONE.
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

my mother is now wearing her trample safety suit just in case i happen to hear about one such show and she happens to be in the way. :D

how did you get from the bx down to the city? band van?

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Archived