Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lemony goodness!

dohhhhh6

Hey, I just received my 3 packs of D'Addario EXL 160's (snagged at $25 shipped total). I decided that while I had the strings off, I might as well clean the bass. So I rubbed in lemon oil on both the neck and the body twice. The neck feels so much smoother. Now if only I did a better job restringing my bass (two string have 3 winds while the two other string have about 1 and a half windings).

Moral of the story, lemon is awesome. Everyone should use it!

By the way, on both the chrome and a few spots of the finish, there's some "bubbles" that are seen quite easily when the bass is tilted into the sunlight. I believe it was one of my stupid friends spraying febreeze around my basses. Even after the lemon oil rubbings, they're still there. Any tips to get this out?

In Skynyrd We Trust

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

I prefer boiled linseed oil myself. Others like orange oil. But lemon oil is still an excellent choice. Not Jamerson's choice, but an excellent choice nonetheless.

Peace.

--S-Dub

What was Jamerson's choice? I don't think I've ever heard.
My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

Originally posted by Bottomgottem:

What was Jamerson's choice? I don't think I've ever heard.

Jamerson was somewhat reknowned for never cleaning his fingerboard. Had to leave all the funk right where it was.

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived