Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pearl Jam Concert, Hamilton, ON Canada

owens hound

I had the opportunity to see Pearl Jam on Sept 13th at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton Ontario Canada. I had not seen them since 1992 when a Lollapalooza tour came through Barrie ON. They were really good then and totally amazing now!! Copps is a great venue to see a band. No seat is really bad and everyone gets along well. About 17,000 people hanging out, singing along and having a great time. Pearl Jam's energy feeding the crowd feeding the band kept things hopping for the whole 2 and a half hours. It looked like Eddie Vedder was into his 3rd bottle of wine and kept toasting the audience and having another drink. They played stuff from most of the albums and Eddie would let the crowd take a verse or chorus here and there. Eddie was saying how much he liked coming to Canada and this was their first tour where they went from Vancouver east and didn't hop back to the US between shows. Jeff Ament did a great job switching from 4 string to UEB to 8 string and back again throughout the night and his sound was huge!! I have been a Pearl Jam fan for a very long time and they didn't disappoint. I had to travel 3 hours to get there but it was totally worth it.

Anyone else catch this tour?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't catch the Canadian Tour, but I've seen three times, most recently at the Kansas City show in a torrential downpour in '03. Even though their recent albums suck, they still kick much rear live.

btw OH - you can probably DL the official bootleg from pearljam.com.

Ah, nice marmot.

Thanks Scoot - I heard on a Hamilton radio station that you can download any concert from the tour that you want. I think it's $9.95. I'll likely do that in the near future.

They do an amazing show and Eddie is quite the front man! I hope that I don't wait so long to see them again next time. My wife got me these tickets for an anniversary gift. She knows me so well!

They played a few tunes of the new album and I thought that they were ok, but I enjoyed the old favorites a lot more. It was very cool to see/hear the entire crowd singing along to Black, Jeremy and Alive. 10 is still an amazing album. Timeless songs!!

Archived