Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help for Katrina Victim: Stew McKinsey

Whappo

Weve been thinking about what could be done to help in addition to all the heartfelt prayers that have been offered up for fellow bass player Stew McKinsey, one of the many victims of Hurricane Katrina?

AccuGroove just opened up a trust fund account today for our good friend Stew. Anyone wanting to contribute can mail checks or money orders made out to "Stew McKinsey Trust Fund" or you can contribute with most major credit cards.

100% of the money will go towards helping Stew offset his losses during this horrible tragedy. Any amount will help, because it all adds up.

Mailing address:

Stew McKinsey Trust Fund

2912 Scott Blvd.

Santa Clara, CA 95054

God bless,

Mark Wright

Manager, co-designer & bass player

AccuGroove Speaker Cabinets

Toll Free: 1-866-4 Whappo

info@accugroove.com

Stew\'s Web Site

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following information showed up on the Nordstrand forum. I thought I should share it here as well.

(taken from an email by Stew's brother)

"Stewart has been found, and is safe in a shelter in McKinney, TX. He will be returning home to NH in a day or so. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words in this awful time. For any webmasters out there, please post this information on any sites relevant to Stewart. We so appreciate your messages, as will he. This has been incredibly hard on all of us, but we are just so glad to know that he is safe."

(from Stew's Dad)

"Stewart is at the Cross Point Church in McKinney, Texas. Please don't call him there yet. He got there about 5 minutes ago, and needs to sleep. He'll be flying up here early next week, just as soon as he can travel.

Both Vanessa and I thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts --- all our prayers have been answered. He is OK except for some damage to his feet. I told him of the trust fund set up by all the bass players, and he was humbled and thankful.

You have all been so kind to us, and your many calls have helped to make an unbearable situation livable. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I just got word from a crew that checked my property. Pretty much everything -- dog included -- is underwater. I might take a while away from the forums.

Stew

First I want to thank the few wonderful friends that have sent money via PayPal, check or credit card!! However, after just receiving this troubling information from Stew we need to pick up the pace big time.

Pleaseif you can help with any amount at all, get involved & help this brother out.

Heres a partial list of just the music items that were lost. This does not begin to account for Stews personal belongings.

Conklin Custom Shop 10- string fretted

Conklin Custom Shop 8-string fretted

Bee fretless Queen 8-string

Bee fretted Worker 8-string

Demeter VTBP-201s

Stewart World 2.1 power amp

AccuGroove El Whappo

AccuGroove Whappo Grande 21 subwoofer

AccuGroove Tri 112L

Pigtronix EP-1

Humbly,

Mark