Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rules on posting for work seem ambiguous

Craig/Everyone, I know Music Player has a classifieds section, but I get the sneaking suspicion it's lethargically near death regarding timely correspondences, and regarding all the people talking on these forums daily. I just lost my job today (audio related, obviously). Can I get into details and see who here might need me, or no? Just say the word and I'll abort. Aaron

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Problably better than half the members don't know about the classifieds here. Bummer about the job. I don't know if you'll get much help here, but it may helpful to summarize your qualifications into a single sentence with your plea. Good luck.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

Thanks for the input, Matt. I guess I'll just do a quick summary and see what happens. I'm in Burbank, CA. I'm still working at the label known for it's association with Wabbits, up until 7/19 (tomorrow). The word is they're just spending too much, so some people had to go. Anyway, I've been doing DVD-A and DMD (Digital Music Download - music on the net for legitimate download) oriented production. Previously, I've been a post-production engineer for T.V. shows and commercials, a respected live sound-person, a regular music engineer (mostly mixing), keyboardist and songwriter in bands, music transcriber (listen to tapes, transcribe into sheet music) and had a song I mixed be used as the tune in the closing credits for 'The Art Of War' with Weslesy Snipes (2000). If anyone knows someone who needs someone who's more than reliable in any of these areas, who can learn unfamiliar things quickly, full time, please contact me. appillar@earthlink.net Thanks to everyone/anyone.

Aaron, This thread does not seem to have much life; I realize your need to try to find employment. Here is my link that provides links to sites that have career opportunity listings. Good Luck to you! [url=http://www.musicbizbuzz.net/business/careers.htm]Carrer Opportunities[/url]

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

You're welcome Aaron. I just browsed through it again myself and found some of the links were dead, I've updated or removed the dead links on that page. Guess I need to do a thorough skim for inactive links. Some still have the classifieds, they just put the page in a new directory rendering to old URL useless. If you ran into any dead links, try them again now.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Archived