Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Back From The Awards Show

SpookyKid

Hey! I just wanted to thank everyone who voted for us (SpookHouse) at the Hard Rock Music Awards. We didn't bring home a trophy, but we did bring back an amazing experience and a lot of good memories.

I have never been to an awards show like this before and I have to sayfor a nerdy bass chick with a day job..ha, ha I got my five minutes of fame.

Limos picked up all the artists and dropped them at the red carpet where we were greeted by a style host, tv cameras, press and fans. The show was put together very well. Once the presenter read, and the nominees are..the video screen played the nominees names and their music. When it was all over, I wanted to pack the van and move on to the next town.but the truth is we dont have a van. Ha, ha

We took some pictures with a disposable camera. I couldnt help but tweak some of them.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y77/spookhouse/Hard%20Rock%20Awards%202005/?action=view&slideshow=true

Thanks LowDowners !!

"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." - Al Capone

http://www.spookhouse.tv

http://www.garageband.com/artist/Paul_Martini

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really you want details...OK...here is more. :)

Singer) and I drove up with our friend "J"(Singer's Business Partner). "J" wanted to pretend he was our manager. I said ok, but if a manager starts talking to you...you are the drummer. LOL The rest of the band(Guitar Player and Drummer stayed home)

It took us about 4 hours to get there and "J" slept the whole way. I was forced to listen to "Singers" bag of tapes from ancient times, becuase I don't have a CD player in my Honda.LOL It was actually alright...he didn't make me listen to the grateful dead and I never heard David Gilmore's album till that trip. BTW That was awesome!!

I reserved the perfect hotel and got A+ from the guys for being so well planned out. We got there and dropped our stuff off and ran to get our VIP passes. We all wanted a beer to get the jitters off and it just so happened the hotel had a free happy hour! So yes, we started earlier. Oh yeah, "J" insisted on taking a cab to the club. I told him it's only two blocks let's walk, but he insisted.Ha, ha the cab ride was $3 a person ($9) to go two blocks. Silly "J".He paid it!

Anyway, Rushed to get ready so we could make it down to the club in time for the limo drop off. "Singers" hair would not dry and he took a walk down town to see if the heat would dry it. It was really HOT out! He ended up at the library....ha, ha. When he got back he finshed getting dressed, but when he bent down to tie his shoe his vinyl pants split open at the crotch. DOH! Has that ever happened to anyone else? That was a classic moment! I couldn't fix them. ha, ha thank god for Black Boxers and the show went on.

So we find out there is a FREE shuttle from the hotel and it dropped us off at the club. A lot of artists in there and we all stood in line for the limo. It finally got to us and I looked out the window and saw the red carpet. I really got nervous and told the "Singer" to switch seats with me, because I didn't want to go first. So we were greeted with camera's and a style host, who asked about our outfits. "Singer" did most the talking and said we were dressed by Jimmy Star. Jimmy Star dressed us.(He's a famous designer, but I am not sure how many people know that)

Everytime I think back about that, I laugh so hard I cry. The singer made it sound like Jimmy put our socks and shoes on too. ha, ha...Anyway the style host completely caught me off gaurd and started talking about my cleavage...Duh, I didn't know what to say....What did I say....Something stupid...Anyway, It was definately our 5 minutes of fame. We got into the show and it looked like the MTV awards. Very put together, camera's, they even had a screen that played footage of nominee's names and there music. A few bands played and they were really good...I kept drinking. I had a great time. At intermission we went out to have a ciggerette and met alot of new people.

At that point it was getting late and we wanted to change and get ready for the after party. "J" insisted we grab some food before the party.Man he insists a lot. So we went to the only resturaunt that was still open "Bennigans". I forgot the way were dressed...ha, ha. Those people didn't know what to think of us.

By that time, the boys were spent. We went to the after party but they lost that party feeling. Not me though! I really wanted to run around and be a sailor, but the club was dark and people seemed to be keeping to themselves. We finally called it a night about 3AM and headed back to the hotel.

I am so glad I went. It is a memory I will keep forever!

Hope you enjoyed the details!

"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." - Al Capone

Congratulations SpookyKid!!! :thu::thu::thu:

The photos are great, and you guys totally look like stars!

It sounds like a super fun time. I'll vote again anytime you need it.

I am completely impressed!

... Connie

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Congrats, SK! Thanks for the lowdown! Sounds like you guys had a ball!

Originally posted by SpookyKid:

Anyway the style host completely caught me off gaurd and started talking about my cleavage...Duh, I didn't know what to say....What did I say....Something stupid...

Yeah, I don't know what I'd say if someone turned to me and said "I notice you have two feet...what can you tell me about them?" and stuck a mic in my face. I mean, yes, I'm aware I have two feet. I use them to walk around and stuff. What's more to say? ;)

Originally posted by RicBassGuy:

Yeah, I don't know what I'd say if someone turned to me and said "I notice you have two feet...what can you tell me about them?" and stuck a mic in my face. I mean, yes, I'm aware I have two feet. I use them to walk around and stuff. What's more to say? ;)

Yeah, but when you wear sandals do you get dirty old people of the opposite gender staring at your feet when you try to talk to them? :freak:

Congrats Spookykid! Even though your band didn't win, the experience is worth it. I have participated in several "Battle of the Bands" kinda things and even though it is disappointing not to win, it is a valuable experience and usually a great opprotunity for networking.

The pictures are great! :D

Keep on keeping on and I bet you will do even better next time! :thu:

Cheers!

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

I just tell 'em that my feet are size 13, wide. That, and my completely insane you-had-better-lock-me-up-if-you-know-what's-good-for-you lear makes them speechless. :evil: And yes, I have people comment on my foot size all the time. :rolleyes:

ATM

Originally posted by davio:

Two feet are better than one...

uh, better to kick your A** with...

Hmm I have to stop there or censor my typing :)

Thank Guys...Right on Basshappi. The singer wrote a new tune the day we got back. The whole thing, seeing other bands really inspired us all.

Originally posted by SpookyKid:

Hey! I just wanted to thank everyone who voted for us (SpookHouse) at the Hard Rock Music Awards. We didn't bring home a trophy, but we did bring back an amazing experience and a lot of good memories.

Glad we could help. At least we got you a night out on the town with a limo that didn't involve those two dreaded words "prom night". :D

(which makes you automatically the envy of every one you went to high school with. can they top an awards show?)

And you got some public relations mileage out of it, hopefully a fistful of decent music business contacts. You'd be surprised how far that can take you. So I say the rest of the band owes you BIG TIME for this! (more than a song, at least)

So we'll be glad to send you back there next year. Just don't forget us "little people" on the way up, OK? We appreciate the photos and the insider notes as well.

:wave:

(PS: when can we see your MTV debut video?) ;)

(PPS: you'll get used to those reporters in time. Watch "A Hard Day's Night" for some ideas on what to do next time...)

Originally posted by Fred the bass player:

Glad we could help. At least we got you a night out on the town with a limo that didn't involve those two dreaded words "prom night". :D

YES! Because I didn't go to Prom.

And you got some public relations mileage out of it, hopefully a fistful of decent music business contacts. You'd be surprised how far that can take you. So I say the rest of the band owes you BIG TIME for this! (more than a song, at least)

BIG TIME!!! There first child will be named after me. :)

(PS: when can we see your MTV debut video?)

My debut video came out in 1995 with an artist called Jake Thomas(Blood Records). It played on MTV and the Playboy channel. For real.

Never forget the little people. Never! I don't think I could have ever shared this experience with any other board of people. Now, I am humming proud to be an American with the words changed to Proud to be a LowDowner. :)

ATM, I did leave some details out.

oh, They did ask about my stockings. I said I purposly wore them to match the read carpet. Duh, how corny was that. ha, ha, ha

Archived