Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

some interesting solo bass compositions

bassarama19

I did some solo arrangements of a couple famous tunes.

Remember that ukelele guy who played while my guitar gentle weeps, while I did my own version of it on my bass.

Other ones are The ecstasy of gold, Pachabel C major, and that disneys alladin theme song.

Please tell me what you think guys, it took me awhile to transcribe and learn to play well these compostions.

Got my two hand tap chops up :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=264163

THE ace of bass

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's very nice. I like the Ecstasy and the While My Guitar. Was it recorded with an acoustic and a pick?

The only criticism I'd have is that on some of the low notes it sounds like they're being hit very hard--it's a little jarring. All I'm really hearing is the snap, and then it takes a second before the note comes through.

Thanks guys, yeah the recording was made with a regular crappy PC mic. And since it is a two hand tap technique, sometimes you hear more of the snap of the string on the fret then the actual note on the less audible low notes.

And nope im a finger player, I do use a 3 finger technique so somtimes the faster stuff may sorta sound like a pic. All the stuff was recorded with the aformentioned 3 finger technique or two hand tap or a combination of the two as in while my bass gently weeps.

My acoustic bass is my faithful practice/unplugged jam axe, its a epihone El capitan.

Thanks again for listening.

:):)

THE ace of bass

Archived