Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Andrew Gouche in Bass Player Magazine

Dr.Suess

In this month's Bass Player magazine it says on the left hand side of the page 84 that audio files of all Andrew's lessons can be found on Bassplayer.com.

I can't find them. Can anyone send me the url so I can find the samples?

Much appreciated.

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think these 'style studies' have been some of the most interesting and inspiring articles in Bass Player, of late. The George Porter Jr one was great, especially being a huge fan of The Meters and George's playing.

These 3 articles about Andrew Gouché have been equally fascinating despite having never heard his playing nor listened to any modern gospel. He seems like a bassist after my own heart, that knows what he wants to hear and wraps the band around his playing to get that sound. A very forceful approach indeed. I presume that's his playing on the samples? Good stuff, if a little too modern toned for my liking (the perils of down tuning on a toppy bass) but I guess he'd be a little further back in the mix in reality.

So, can anyone suggest any recordings featuring Mr Gouché that I won't find too (searching for suitable yet inoffensive word without luck...)? I realise he's playing Christian music so God-centric lyrics (not that I'm not a Christian, I just get on better with RATM than Creed) are inevitable but gospel can still have balls, can't it?

Alex

• 11 months later...

Archived