Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone else here an Elixir test subject???

J.A.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, if these things aren't bright enough for most of you guys... :confused:

I've been playing with them for a few months, and they're still way too bright for my tastes. They sound metallic and harsh and are really lacking the fullness and deep bottom that I like. The shredded string look is kind of cool though :)

It's not simple to be simple.

-H. Matisse

Ross Precision Guitars

Originally posted by Danzilla:

Well, I got my consolation prize in the mail on Saturday. Anyone else get one? Should I go ahead and tell, or do you want to be surprised when you get yours?

Ooh... ooh... me! Tell me! I want to know! :D

It's a shiny, new....

Wait for it....

PURPLE.....

TRAVEL MUG with the ELIXER LOGO!!! Better than a $5.00 gift certificate from the Lillian Vernon Catalogue, if you ask me!

Actually, it's quite nifty and good looking; well designed; and ever so handy if you take beverages in your vehicle a lot.

Now, let me know if anyone else got something different. Mine might just be a booby prize, because I said I preferred my usual brand to the Elixers.

But to all the rest of you test participants, Cheers!

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

I was a test subject. The thing that really impressed me about the Elixirs were the feel. They were very smooth and easy to play. However, I didn't feel like the tone was quite as good as my regular SIT Nickel Rock Brights.

Earlier this week I received my free gift (a travel mug with the Elixir logo).

Rig:

Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling

Fender Deluxe V (Bartolini pickups and BTB-01 preamp)

Schecter Diamond Series Model T

Eden WT-400

Boss ME-50B

The Mac - My cover band

My only complaint about Elixer strings is their quality control. By that I don't mean string to string, I mean the packaging! I've bought many sets of their strings and often times several sets a time for my multiple basses. It sucks a LOT to get to a gig and start changing strings and find out that the new set that you just bought has two A strings and no D string... or whatever. This has happened to me so many times that I now check all the packs before I leave the store.

I have nothing bad to say about their strings. They totally rule and I use them on all my basses; including my 12-string on the low strings. Good times!

Archived