Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

More GAS relief..

John W.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've come to understand thta the skyline models really stand their ground tonally when compared to us models. And the final fit, finish, and setup for skyline models is done in the U.S.

AS for the DJ5, ask Danzilla....he will be recieving one shortly, as he won a bassplayer giveaway.

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

I think you'll love that JO - and as far as the Skyline series goes, I think they're a very good bass for a decent price.

I've got 3:(L to R)

DJ4

44-02D

JO5

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgAwAFIYOdKeFZ5vrvtcWal2hKLrO0!nuIGcv4vcXBjQS6KUHWdPqFgesujJqVoO2R51Mvn5dUa6gusgQ22plBgQPyVRGlqeO0Xo!YzJW!3LVJaY5eztKA/Lakeytrio2.JPG

The DJ4 and the JO5 are my main basses, and the 44-02 still gets plenty of play. I like them a lot!

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

i think people have understandable apprehensions with 'budget-line' acqusitions, but the bang-for-the buck factor is ever-present, and if they stay true to tried and tested design and quality standards, they're always worth the investment. i once owned a streamer rockbass, and although it is lowly regarded among bassfolk, i found that it held it's own and was worth the $250 price tag, brand new. i'd love to try a g&l tribute, though.

thanks for the inputs on the DJ bass, peeps.

Insert clever, non-religious, unobtrusive sig here

Tyler (and Music Fiend)- I did indeed get the Darryl Jones 5 string; I'm enjoying it quite a bit. When I have a chance to get some pictures ready, I'll post a review (I put up a quick one on Harmony Central). The body shape is a bit smaller than a Fender J, but not uncomfortable. Pickups are pretty noiseless and have some punch. Neck is great; nice taper, good radius, the high cutaway makes the whole thing accessible. Low B is nice, not floppy; has an even response with the rest of the strings. Only concern is the pots/knobs: they feel a little bit loose/fragile; when I get adventurous I'll open it up and see if I can tighten them a bit. It doesn't have the balls of my Les Paul 5, but certainly is a versatile and usable instrument in it's own right. Try it- you'll like it!

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Danzilla -

Which P'ups did you get with the DJ5?

All 3 of mine have different brands - DJ4 has Aeros, 44-02 has SD Basslines, JO5 has Fralins.

I think the Aeros are my fave, but they all work well. The Basslines have plenty of grunt, and the Fralins work well with the JO5.

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Congrats on the new bass, Danzilla. as much as i want to try one, none of the music stores here carry lakland. My wife's from Germany though, and i found a dealer there, so i'll have my chance soon enough. they have ash bodies, and i'd love one with a maple fingerboard. that would surely be of different character from my RB5. they also have F-basses though, and i've been salivating over them forever, so i guess it's a toss-up.

JBFLA, i didn't know they came with P'ups other than Aeros. I'd like to try one with lindy's on it. beautiful family by the way! love the claro walnut on the new bass too. smart choices, man.

Insert clever, non-religious, unobtrusive sig here

My Darryl Jones 5 has Aero's. Lots of output and very clear. Maybe a bit brite, but not brittle by any stretch. I've also heard about Fralins; a friend of mine has Fralins in his guitar. I had been looking at Aero's for a possible custom build, so this is a nice chance to try them out (though I was going to use a soapbar style P and a double J at the bridge). They got a good recommendation from Matt Pulcinella, so they've captured my interest. I'm pretty happy with them in the DJ5. But, TLA, don't know that they make the DJ with a maple board. Can't go wrong with F-Bass, either. Oh, the wonderful choices we have!

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Archived