Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Play - Name This Bass Guitar

jabney

hi bass players,

I usually post on other forums although I do visit here every now and then. If any of you are knowledgable in the ways of old (imported?) electric bass guitars, I'd appreciate it if you could check out this picture and this headstock picture . I liked the sound of it even when I played it un-amplified at the second-hand store and I'd like to know what I bought.

thanks,

John

please visit www.johnabney.com - free music

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Bob Gollihur's site he has a couple pictures of the first bass he ever owned and I believe the bass you bought is the same model. Give me a minute as I try to find out his sites address.
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

It looks like you bought a crown, a japanese import from the sixties.

Regarding his crown, Bob says,"it sounds pretty darn good-- a very live mahogany body and neck (no side dots!), and exceptionally low and narrow frets. "

Now, you're model has two pickups and Bob's has one, but they appear very similar to me!

http://www.eclecticbass.com/bass.html

You can scroll down until you see the bass in question. I'll wait for Bob to chime in.

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

Yep, looks like a Crown bass, made in the late 60's to early 70's (I think) Imported from Japan. Bob G. has a few pictures of them on his site.

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

it's obviously a fender.

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

Archived