Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Look what I WON on ebay.

moot

Some of you know I have been looking for the answer to the park/BBQ/campfire jam question.

I had finally settled on a Michael Kelly STAB 5 but even then the $$ was a little much for the occasional outdoor jam.

Well, the BassGods smiled upon me and I won this last night. It will be perfect with the Hog30 my son got me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7325536776&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Pretty huh? I had to brag it up a bit. :D

Matt

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that, a bag of chips, shipping and a hard case for under $300...why can't I find these deals?!? I could go for a bag of chips right now...

Congrats on the new score. I'm sure it'll serve you well. Let us know every little detail about it when it comes in.

Looks very nice...................

*envious*

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Looks nice, how does an acoustic hold up in a gig situation?
It really doesn't. This is my second acoustic - my first was an Ovation 4 and at band volume was nothing but a feedback machine. At acoustic volume it had to be played with a pick (hard) to carry.

This little beauty and a rechargeable amp though? Golden.

http://media.zzounds.com/media/fit,325by400/quality,85/brand,zzounds/hog30-db28b0572b3b82784dfb7591f0106e2b.jpg

I'm giddy with anticipation!

I was considering a M.Kelly bass...maybe I should pay more attention to e-bay? hmmmmm?

Congrats!!!!

Jim

Originally posted by Steve Lawson:

looks lovely, but to be honest, you didn't 'win' it - you were prepared to spend more on it than anyone else was, that's not winning, it's buying. :)

yours pedantically,

Steve

]www.stevelawson.net[/url]

Spoil Sport!!!

; ? P

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

My first "strat" was a J.B. Player. It was a much better guitar than I had the experience to know. I wanted a Fender, so I eventually traded it in on a MIM Tele, new in '93. Every now & again I see the owner of the shop giggin with it. He really loves the guitar.

That guitar you "won" looks really sweet. Good luck.

I heard that when you play them they spontaneously creating a moistened sensation in your fretting hand
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

And for the record, I think that if you combined the follwing four faces you'd be pretty close to a puking graemlin

:eek::P:mad::freak:

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/wuerg/vomit-smiley-020.gif

Originally posted by mattulator:

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/wuerg/vomit-smiley-020.gif

I love you man :D

Because from now on whenever I hear an acoustic bass guitar I'm gonna think about vomit and the color green :thu:

Originally posted by Scoot:

'Gratz. Those amps have been known to make The Karate Kid sound like Ry Cooder. Let us know how you like it.

That's true, I've seen/heard it myself. As a matter of fact, I've got it on vhs somewhere.

Matt- nice going! Way to bid! I haven't seen anything by JB Player in a while; I remember their niche in the late 80's being Fender/Charvel knockoffs with a built-in wireless system. I used to think that was cool. Glad to see they're still around and making somthing you'll enjoy.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

matt, congratulations! If you have an extra $10 left over you'll need one of these:

http://ai.pricegrabber.com/product_images/5318000-5318999/5318742_640.jpg

It'll fit most guitars but you may have to do a little inside trimming with a knife and file. It knocks out most of the feedback on my babies, leaves just the feedback when the top vibrates too much. For that I stuff a black T-shirt into the sound hole. (yeah, the black makes it louder... :D )

:wave:

Playing an acoustic/electric through the Nose, I don't experience feedback issues. Playing through larger units, I can carefully use feedback to just make a HUGE sustain or eliminate all forms of life within a 50 foot radius. Your choice. :)

ATM

Archived