Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BASSicly Funny

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Matt W:

Incandescent watts are louder than flourescent watts!

Surely this is the loudest of light bulbs

http://www.einsteins-emporium.com/technology/electricity/images/te320-bl.gif

And I apologize for calling you Shirley.

Push the button Frank.

Anyone ever notice how Sylvania is just a knockoff of GE? Phillips has a new model out that is hands down better than either of them IMHO.

But if you get down to the nuts and bolts of it its all about the ballasts. If you don't have a ballast that pushes enough power to the toombstones your not going to get the full amout of lumens possible from your bulb......

(Damn I'm glad my job in the Electrical Department at Lowe's came in handy for once!)

Call it..... pointless?

Here is a link to my other art, hope you enjoy!

My MySpace page

• 3 months later...

Sorry couldn't resit this one... :D

================================================

Three notes - C, E-flat and G - walk into a bar. After looking them over, the bartender says: "Sorry, but we don't serve minors."

So, the E-flat leaves, and the C and the G have an open fifth between them.

After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished: the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not quite sharp enough.

A D comes into the bar and heads straight for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me. I'll just be a second."

An A comes into the bar, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor.

Then the bartender notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims:

"Get out now! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight."

The E-flat, not easily deflated, comes back to the bar the next night in a 3-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender (who used to have a nice corporate job until his company downsized) says: "You're looking sharp tonight, come on in! This could be a major development." This proves to be the case, as the E-flat takes off the suit, and everything else, and stands there au naturel.

Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he's under a rest.

The C is brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an upscale correctional facility. On appeal, however, the C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.

The bartender decides, however, that since he's only had tenor as patrons, the soprano's out in the bathroom, and everything has become alto much treble, he needs a rest -- and closes the bar

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Originally posted by tnb:

1) I knew this guy that used to change light bulbs - he was the best. Then I saw Victor change a light bulb...

2) Jeremy is usually right, so I agree with what he said.

3) Where is Dave Brown or Wally with their "wise old sage" advice.

4) Tom C, I expect better puns from you.

Oh my. I missed this thread first time around.

Advice...if you use cheap light bulbs, sometimes the bulb will break out of the socket, leaving the socket in place with those nasty wires and things hanging out. And if that happens, you can use a potato to push onto the socket and unscrew it.

Also, I have switched most of my bulbs to flourescent ones...the new ones give plenty of light, at appropriate color temperature, fit into a standard socket AND save tons of energy.

I feel like a California guy.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Tenstrum - loved it !! I wondered if the juke box started playing Beethoven's Ninth when the D walked in....

As to all the bulb posts, I can shade no light on them. But it isn't hard to imagine the ridicule I'd be under if I tried to removed a broken bulb with a potato. Even if it worked. Men in my family (including my car-project-loving son) work with real tools. Long nose pliers and a bit of time, and I'll get the bulb out.

By the way - I did a training class at a CT company called Hubbell - it was Mr. Hubbell who invented the pull-chain switch light fixture when electric lighting was starting out. Pretty interesting (well - to us mechanic/engineering types anyway).

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Glad you enjoyed it Tom. And yes, you can use a potato to remove a broken lightbulb. It's extremely easy and effective!

butcherNburn I just realized that the firewall here at work was blocking the picture from being displayed. My bad.

I actually tried to chart out the "theory" behind the joke to see if it was correct and got lost around the "relative C"... :freak:

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Originally posted by Tenstrum:

I actually tried to chart out the "theory" behind the joke to see if it was correct and got lost around the "relative C"... :freak:

It all works. A minor is the relative minor key of C major (same key signature...no shraps or flats). :thu:

Originally posted by butcherNburn:

This is how you know it's time to quit the school band.....

http://content.collegehumor.com/items/2005/09/collegehumor.1605630.451xAUTO.jpg

Checked this out at home over the weekend.

LOL! I bet that composition needs to be played with a red bass.

Tenstrum

• 2 months later...
HAHA! I was wanting to see everybody's flames on that one. Bring that thread back! ;)

Tenstrum

Archived