Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LowDown SWAG: Holiday Shipping Deadlines

ATM

Matt, I like your thinking. :evil:

Of course, when I first pictured it, I was trying to figure out just how you would fit a bass, much less a bass with a cat into an oven, then I switched my thinking to bass guitar. :rolleyes:

Hope to get some good pics! Especially of Low Down get-togethers.

ATM

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A suggestion:

I believe the back side of the IBBP shirt would look more attractive with the words centered instead of following a left margin.

"Some people are like "slinkies". They're not really good for anything;

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a

flight of stairs."

I'm concerned about the sexist nature of IBBP. Please find an alternative. You seem to have plenty of time for creative thought.

I like the idea of the logo on the other side of the shirt.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Might as well complain about the "I'm here for the bass player" shirt not being available for men and no masculine alternative to the "Bass Chic" shirt like "Bass Dude." And BTW, I just realized that ATM spelled it "Chic" instead of "Chick."

From Merriam-Webster:

chic - 'shEk

1 : smart elegance and sophistication especially of dress or manner

chick - 'chik

3 slang : a young woman

Incase anybody cared.

I would normally baulk at anything so PC, however, I had originally tried Brother/Sisterhood, but found it to be to many letters for the available space.

I tried to find other substitutes, even thinking of the International Pathood of Bass Players, but then there might be quite a few out there who don't know the SNL skit or would even realize that is what I was talking about. I settled on the old union term and had no intention of being sexist. Try calling a group of girls/women "gals" (alternate term for "guys") and see what happens.

Anyway, since it was Tom that made the request, and I had openly asked for requests, I settled on "Alliance." (Tim in NJ, you have a collector's item.) ;)

Now, I hope all of you rush out and buy the shirt. Since the limited availability of items on the free site, I will later set up other shirt options on my pay site (no markup for these) or you can go ahead and support little ole me for just a couple of dollars more.

ATM

P.S. Thanks for the support Dave. Now I'm going to have to change another graphic. ;)

I can't believe I have let this post get past me. Yes, I admit it...I am a Monday through Friday nine to fiver lowdowner. That has to be why this slipped past me.

Anyway, I really dig these shirts!! Got to get the Chic shirt!

:)

"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." - Al Capone

http://www.spookhouse.tv

http://www.garageband.com/artist/Paul_Martini

I came back at just the right time, I've been looking for a hoodie for a bit, ever since I lost the one my work gave me. It was great for fall mornings when i didnt feel like going to school but had to.

Might be getting one

"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

Originally posted by CafePress.com:

The next retail promotion is our Back to School sale.

Savings: $5 off orders over $50

Coupon code: B2SALE

Dates: 8/16/2005 - 9/6/2005

Well, better than a jab in the @$$ with a sharp stick, as my Swedish grandfather used to say.

ATM

• 3 weeks later...

I'm am not sure if this one was thought up, it also could start a gang war between anyone with a four and anyone with more than four, but lets hope not ;)

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/600/howlow1lm.jpg

Might be a bit goofy but thats all I got in me ha. :D

Great stuff ATM! :thu:

-Catlin

• 2 weeks later...
I had one of the female leads of the musical I'm playing on (footloose) turn up to rehearsal with a "I fancy the bass player" tank top on! We need to maker sure that more of these are sold, as they can only make you happy.
A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

Originally posted by a boy named sue:

I had one of the female leads of the musical I'm playing on (footloose) turn up to rehearsal with a "I fancy the bass player" tank top on! We need to maker sure that more of these are sold, as they can only make you happy.

Uh oh...sounds like BNS has his hands full. Good luck with all of that. We need to start advertising the non-LDL merch on other boards.

The Low Down "I\'m Here To See The Bass Player" women\'s tank.

http://prodtn.cafepress.com/8/23214358_F_tn.jpg

And since I can't have multiple choices on this free site, here's the rest of the choices on ATM Creations for both men and women.

For the ladies.

For the guys when we go see ConnieZ, Spookhouse, or Clatter ;)

ATM

I saw a great woman bassist with a group called Incendio at a street festival the other day.

Her name is Liza Carbé. The group plays flamenco, tango, and various other kinds of world music.

It looks like I need one of those shirts...the other band I watched had a 15 year old student of mine....it was a Motown band and she was tearing it up.

Wednesday I'm going to see still another teenage girl student play.

• 2 months later...
oh yeah, I almost forgot to add that my wife made me buy her one of ATM's "I'm here to see the bass player" tops -- why do these things always end in gifts????
A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

Archived