Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

a good day: the first amp is done.

Well done robb.

How many hours did you clock on the project (approx)?

A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARjen -- try the crest audio page:

if this don\'t satisfy the jones, i cain\'t help.

as for how it compares to the new CS line, it's hard to say. they are similar to each other in many respects. i will say that more work has gone into making the crest a unique and special amp. even though it's the same two guys doing all the work, we do differentiate between the expectations of the crest user and the peavey user. considering that many peavey users have been using their original CS amps for twenty years or more, that crest goes a step beyond that is really saying something.

also this amp fits between the power points of the new CS line -- they're 1400 and 2000W, while this is 1800W.

i haven't done a direct comparison between the two, so it's difficult to comment further.

robb.

Thanks Robb, but that doesn't really help.

I'm looking for the damping factor and slewrate specs of the CC 1800.

I want to replace my 18 year old Peavey M-7000 with an new Peavey CS 1400 or an Crest CC 1800, I've finally found the complete specs of the CS 1400 but am still searching for some detailed specs on the CC 1800.

Crest-Audio havent replyed jet to my email that I've send two weeks ago...

Trying is the first step towards succes....

damping factor is 300, if i'm not mistaken. it's fairly low. i'd be shocked if the CS 1400 is as low -- it's probably at least 500 if not more. i think slew rate is 35V/us. for whatever reason, i don't believe we have the CC series owner's manual and spec sheet online yet.

i hope that is useful information. i'm going to guess you'll be happier with the CS 1400 than the CC 1800. but let me know if i can be of any further service.

robb.

Originally posted by robb.:

damping factor is 300, if i'm not mistaken. it's fairly low. i'd be shocked if the CS 1400 is as low -- it's probably at least 500 if not more. i think slew rate is 35V/us. for whatever reason, i don't believe we have the CC series owner's manual and spec sheet online yet.

i hope that is useful information. i'm going to guess you'll be happier with the CS 1400 than the CC 1800. but let me know if i can be of any further service.

robb.

Now THAT's customer support!

The new amp looks beautiful, and so do it's specs.

unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

Thanks, is 300 the damping factor at 8 ohms 1khz??

The CS 1400 has an damping factor of 500 but a low slewrate of 17 volts/u-sec.

I'm planning on using one of these amps bridged to power two 8ohm subs (Peavey SP-Subcompact18 year 2000 model).

I've been using an CS 800S for this but it has a very high damping factor (over a 1000), it sounds very clean but not so "ballsy".

The CS 1400 would be my first choice but the CC 1800 also looks suitable...

Thanks for the support.

Arjen.

Trying is the first step towards succes....

damping factor is always specified at 8 Ohms, and i think we do it at 1kHz.

either amp would be fine in that application, but i must question why you want only the lows to sound loose. i almost think it would be a little strange, unless your crossover frequency is fairly high. it's your rig though, so you know better than i do. you appear to be knowledgeable.

robb.

Archived