Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Remember when I was going to quit...

SteveC

Remember about a year ago when I had no gigs, no prospects, no desire? Figured I might as well quit. Well, here's some encouragement for others that may be feeling this way.

I started playing at the contemporary service at church. No pay, but fun and rewarding in other ways.

I started putting my summer schedule together and it's pretty busy. May 30 - June 4 is a musical review featuring songs from Chicago, Cabaret, etc. Should be fun. August 2-8 and 12-15 is "Oklahoma" for a community theatre group. They are actually pretty good. The pay isn't spectacular, but it's better than nothing.

I also got an email from the big band guy with about 12 dates - so far - scattered throughout the summer.

So, if you're feeling low, hang in there. Things can change.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If ya stop and think about it, we've all "quit" if we don't have a gig lined up.

And when you get a steady gig (like church) you haven't quit.

But be careful when gigs roll in like this...you get so busy you wanna quit! :D

Luckily, as a teacher, you'll have something going for the summer. Hate to hang around and mow the lawn all the time!

Congrats on the gigs.

Yep. I'm the other voice in the head of davebrownbass.

Originally posted by SteveC:

So, if you're feeling low, hang in there.

I fail to grasp this. I thought we were supposed to feel low. ;)

It sounds like you'll be busy. If the pace of the preparation or the gigs gets to be too much, try and lean back and wrap yourself around the music. Sounds like a nicely varied set of gigs!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived