Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

getting a new bass

seren

when I was living in Detroit, things got really tight financially and I sold my bass for rent money. I felt horrible. Even though it wasn't a really great bass, it was the only bass I had. I also sold this 15W Fender practice amp, my gig bag and my tuner. Now I'm back in Cleveland and I have a couple hundred to spend on a bass. I was thinking about getting a Yamaha BB404. Does anyone have any comments on that bass? Anything I should worry about? Let me know.
Now look what you made me do.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you like it, there you go!

I like Yamaha stuff. I think that even the cheapest ones are of fine materials and are easy to play. They must havew a great QC dept. because I've seen very few with bad fretwork or rubber necks. I just worked on an older RBX250 or something that was really satisfying to play. Felt and sounded like a good P bass.

welcome to the forum

i hope you find it as informative and fun as the rest of us.

sadly, i can't help you.

i don't know much about Yamaha's.

but i am sure a few people here do.

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

Thank you for the reassurance regarding the quality of material used in yamaha instruments. Thank you for the welcome to the forum as well; I have actually been on this forum before under a different name, but I didn't remember my login name or my password and I think I'm using a different email address now so I just re-registered. I suppose I should have done a search before I posted because I did see a few people recommend the bb404, but I didn't. Still though, if there is anyone that has had a problem with the bb404, let me know. And yeah, I am taking advantage of the MF deal as well.

Well, I was going to buy that BB404 today from MF, but my last job decided to mess up my last check which was supposed to be direct deposit but now they have to send me a check. The listing on MF says that it is of limited quantity, am I out of luck? Is there a good chance that they will run out before I get my money?

They're closing out the active BB604s, so you can get great prices on them. I have an active BB605 (as does SteveC). It's dead stock, was very inexpensive, and just kills. I can record it by just plugging it into a board, and get great tone. Very highly recommended. I'm sure the 4-string is just as good. I've not tried the passive version, but no reason to doubt it's fine, too.

Archived