Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

London Lowdowners: any Cream reports?

tarkus

With a Gibson Clapton model ES 335 coming out, and Hartke taking a huge ad in BP featuring Jack, I'm not totally surprised. If it comes off, I hope you all enjoy it; I'm sure I won't be able to afford the price.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found a couple of links you might want to check out:

Cream 2005 has the skinny on the Albert Hall shows (equipment and set lists, fan reactions) and a sign-up to get the latest news. (yes, it was a fretted Gibson EB-0 and a fretless Warwick thumb. Much more info there.)

Jack Bruce.com has some old news and a lot about his solo career. (what else would you expect?)

Hang 10! :wave:

If this happens, I'm going. Oh I'm soooo going. I don't care how much it costs. And I'm buying a T-Shirt. Imagine what those might go for... :freak:

I would imagine the band would draw mostly an older crowd but I'd expect people of all ages from all over to come to this show if it happens. I'm sure there will be some representatives of the UK there in the audience, too.

Why do I sense this will not be a one-off concert? I mean, I know Cream's combined age is like almost over 200 years old, so they won't do a full-on major national tour, but maybe a 2 shows a month, national tour, major cities? Or East Coast Tour? A little tour?

Lots of things have changed around the world since their heyday of the '60s, but I think their music would carry the same spirit and message today. :cool:

"The world will still be turning when you've gone." - Black Sabbath

Band site: www.finespunmusic.com

PEOPLE !!!

Let's be careful about our numbers here. No - I don't care about ticket prices or dates or guitars. It's the BASS MODELS !!!

EB0 (often called "E B oh") - Gibson SG guitar body, with one pickup - the big humbucker at the neck. Depending on the day, LUG will admit to owning one.

EB1 - violin-shaped body, which Jack Bruce is using now. When I saw him a few years back, the tuners had been exchanged for more modern stuff (like Gotoh or Hipshot, but I couldn't read the name).

EB2 - hollow body like the ES335 style

EB3 - SG guitar shape with two pickups - I own one - Gibson just started reissuing a model like this, and calls them "SG Basses" just to add to the confusion.

To return to the thread, this is an EB1 played by some famous guy:

http://www.jackbruce.com/images/JACK_BRUCE_cRWF_2002_05.jpg

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

• 1 month later...

I had three friends with American Express cards ready to go Monday, and I still didn't get seats! (and I was worried about shelling out over $1,000 in case all three got lucky)

:mad:

One had a "blue" card, which Ticketmaster refused to honor. ("gold or silver only") And I don't recall them posting that tidbit anywhere on the Cream website.

One tried online (T-1 from work) and was forced to phone in since there were horrible delays with the online orders. By the time he got through (10:30 am, about 90 minutes after they went on sale) he only got one pair next to each other in the $325 section and two $65 "nosebleed" seats that were "singles" (apart from each other)

The third called near 11:00am and was told all three shows were sold out.

So now let's hope Ticketmaster's got an extra night or two in reserve waiting to spring on all of us.

I'm curious as to how our CA Forumites fared on their end of the continent. Any war stories?

:wave:

So the horror stories are true, huh? I lucked out because I know someone with a Black Card who used their concierge service to get the seats. I think I'm finally starting to realize how lucky I got by getting those tickets.

As for who's getting the extra ticket, I'm bringing my drummer to the show. He's been dying to see Ginger Baker play for years, the same way I've been hoping to see Jack Bruce.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

• 3 weeks later...

*bump* There's a page on the Cream 2005 website that offers a DVD preview of "White Room" (compatible with most players). May not be the earth-shaking event you've envisioned as the players show some restraint in this number (then again after 30+ years I suppose it's to be expected) but it gives you an idea of what to expect on the soon-to-be-released disc.

I still can't get over the idea that Ginger Baker's learned how to use ride cymbals. :D

(kidding, I've listened to cuts off one of his jazz albums and he's not that bad.)

CLICK HERE to go there. Enjoy!

:wave:

The DVD and CD of the gigs at the Royal Albert Hall just came out this past tuesday. I've yet to check them out, but there are probably more than a few gems in both. I would certainly be interested in reading some reviews, hint hint!

As for the MSG gig...I'm starting to get antsy! Damn you Ticket Master, I want my tickets NOW!

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Archived