Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mrs. Grundy comes out of hiding...

BenLoy

..and we're angry. Do you know why? Because we've just released our hot new album, #3...With a Mullet, and that little dolt Rob Thomas has charted #1 on Billboard and Mrs. Grundy is nowhere to be seen. In a perfect world, there would only be three camps: Rob Thomas, Maroon 5 and Mrs. Grundy.

Which camp are you?

If you're into Rob Thomas, you're probably a Sagittarius, drink herbal tea and think Ellen DeGeneres is a total hottie. By the way, he's playing Madison Square Garden on August 24. I'll be there.

If you're into Maroon 5...oh, never mind.

If you're into Mrs. Grundy, you've watched Home Alone 2 over a hundred times and you were a pretty princess for Halloween. Now we're talking.

Well, we're back, and for a good cause. On May 4, Mrs. Grundy will be getting its swerve on with our friends the Anabolics, the Spicy Rizzaks and a slew of other great bands to raise money for the AIDS/Lifecycle Race For A Cure. The party will go all night (off the HEEZY, yo) and feature cheap drink specials, giveaways and a raffle - an XBOX, a guitar, an amp, Sony/Epic box sets and other good stuff. Oh, and this is Mrs. Grundy's first gig since...since, um, since a long time ago, so I want to see all of you there. Especially Christa, Steiner, Fearful Christopher, Dayna, our engineer, Nicole, Faith, Fred Durst and Toni (before you ship off to RI). That's right, suckers - I'm calling you out by name. Come to the gig and smack me if you don't like it.

And don't forget: #3...With a Mullet is hot off the presses and finally here. Come down to the show and score your copy!

details:

Mrs. Grundy at Ace of Clubs (9 Great Jones St. btw. Broadway and Lafayette) Wednesday, May 4th, 7pm (we're on at 9) www.aceofclubsnyc.com

Price: $10, all going to people who really need it (instead of our beer

fund)

PS - be our friend on Myspace! Go to www.myspace.com/grundynyc.

your pal,

Matt

www.mrsgrundy.com

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BenLoy:

In a perfect world, there would only be three camps: Rob Thomas, Maroon 5 and Mrs. Grundy.

Sorry Ben, in a perfect world there would be 4 camps: TOOL, Dream Theater, RHCP, and (I think Eddie would agree) the Iron Maiden camp...

:D

Good luck with the CD.

:thu:

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

I tell ya, it feels really good holding the completed product in my hands right now...hehehe! :D

Wait'll you guys see the artwork on this thing...it's freakin' hilarious!

Sorry I didn't have time to visit the wig store today - I'd have prepared properly for the debut. You'll have to take me with my usual coiffure.

Looking forward to getting my hands and ears on #3.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived