Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

loopers the good the bad and the ugly

frontlinebass

A friend of mine who is a guitarist is looking for a good looping device can you guys tell me which ones are good bad or ugly. there are alot of new ones out so I prefered to get fresh opinions rather than use the sreach function. thanks for the help.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently re-designing a guitar rig for a band I am working with called KRONiS - (www.aaronkronis.com - check out the gear pix - more to come) and I am using a GCX loop switcher from Digital Music Corporation (http://www.voodoolab.com/ - look under "Ground Control System") with 2 Rocktron All Access floor switchers.

This unit will switch between a Line 6 Vetta II head and Mesa Dual Rectifier for lead and rhythm sounds for one guitarist and will switch between guitars for the other guitarist, all by MIDI according to the song patch selected on the All Access.

Just found out yesterday, however, after days of re-engineering and re-cabling, the GCX has a blown up power supply board so I am waiting for a replacement. Grrrrr.....

This unit has eight loop circuits addressable by MIDI to accomplish a variety of functions. I will run two 1/4 inch cables to the guitar pedal board for a future FX loop. We can add any pedals we want in between the loop and program a switch on the All Access to engage the loop.

I also have a Rockman Octopus which takes MIDI commands and converts to control voltage switching. This unit can control any gear with a 1/4" control input jack. I will use it to switch channels on the Dual Rectifier and it can also be used to control the bypass function on FX gear with a bypass control jack.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions (info (at) staminamusic.com - address written that way to avoid the web crawling spam bots!) Also, check out the bands' tunes on the website. They are very good.

AudioPete (20at)

Are you talking about a pedal which will bypass effects, send signals to a tuner, help with your effects loops?

Or a pedal to create loops such as The Boss Loopstation or the Boomerang?

I'm another satisfied customer of the Loooper pedal. The one that Dave made for me (it's blue, with blue and orange led's) is on my pedalboard and functions as a complete bypass to get the pedalboard out of the circuit and also has a tuner out and can mute while tuning.

Archived