Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New G&L Tribute L2500 on its way to me!

bassdrummer

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks EddiePlaysBass! :)

You mentioned "the right number of strings..." Yeah, I've only been playing bass for a couple years now, and I've debated back and forth whether or not to go to a 5 string. Well, I finally decided to take the plunge down into the nether regions of the low B string. I'd like to get into a 5 string now while I'm still learning basic fundamental technique and before I get inextricably stuck in 4 string only playing ability, which I could see happening to me pretty easily.

For the contemporary praise and worship music I play at my church, more and more of the newer tunes call for the low B, and it will also allow me to transpose the songs we learn off of CD's down into lower keys (so I can actually sing them, since I'm a bass/baritone vocalist) while still playing the familiar-sounding bass line from the CD but in a lower key.

Today, the bass; tomorrow, the world . . . and hopefully a nice powerful rig . . . right now I'll just be playing through my 1x10 Yorkville Bass Master 50 watt combo (which is just perfect as a stage monitor XLR'd out to the church PA). And my church has an SWR Workingman's 12 which will handle the low B even better than my Yorkville. Now if I can just survive the WAITING for this beauty to arrive! :D

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players..."

--Rush, "Limelight"

That is a NICE bass in a NICE color. I cant believe they would discontinue that, it really is one of their better collors IMO. BTW, I have seen an L2000 in that color, with custom gold hardware and it was hands down the most beautiful thing I ahve ever seen. Too bad they dont offer the gold hardware anymore either.....

Originally posted by ChrisOfDoom:

That is a NICE bass in a NICE color. I cant believe they would discontinue that, it really is one of their better collors IMO.

My sentiments exactly, ChrisOfDoom!

Originally posted by ChrisOfDoom:

BTW, I have seen an L2000 in that color, with custom gold hardware and it was hands down the most beautiful thing I ahve ever seen. Too bad they dont offer the gold hardware anymore either.....

I thought about gold hardware. That would look stunning against the amber finish! :idea:

"All the world's indeed a stage, and we are merely players..."

--Rush, "Limelight"

ive always wanted to pick me up a G&L. I played one in this local boutique music shop. it was probably one of the nicest, easiest to play, great sounding basses ive ever laid my hands on. however, they have always been way to expensive for me. but now that they have the tribute. ive been thinking of getting one.

Archived