Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm Back offa the Boat!!

bassopotamus

Hey everyone, well Im back in california now off the USS Abraham Lincoln. Cruise was long, but we got to do some cool stuff in Indonesia, helping with the tsunami relief effort.

My gear has changed up a bit, Ill write a little about it. I traded my USA Jazz V in for a Sting Ray, and so far I am satisfied with it. I was so sick of that five string, so its thrilling to be playing a good four string again.

I also got a great deal on a yamaha fretless, RBX240F or something, and an ampeg BA-110. Basically, a friend sold both of them to me for $200. I had sold my huge, crappy stack and was in need of a small amp (moving soon), so this deal worked out perfect.

This is my first fretless and I am really enjoying it. Very different, but I have felt like moving on to fretless for a while now. I was tempted to buy an ashbory bass, and still am, except I dont have the money anymore :( . Eventually I hope to move on to upright.

Other than that, still doing the Navy thing. Only a few months left, though, and then Im moving to NYC.

Oh, a friend and I are forming a jazz duo, guitar and bass, called Bovine American Death Jazz. Ill keep y'all posted.

Anyways, good to be back!

James Fitzgerald

Platinum Member,

Human Race

"I dont buy toys. I buy tools."

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived