Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Bass !

tarsia

Bought a new bass - see link :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7306517613&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

Mostly for my son, he turned 16 last week,

He wanted his own "New Bass" ~ been looking for one in this finish, didn't think they made one !

Lucky Me - happened across this & found a one of a kind prototype, was told Michael Kelly put this together as a test.... who knows ? I've played these in G.C. & they're not bad by any means, wish my 1st or 2nd bass was as good ...

What'ya think ?

:)

I'm Todbass62 on MySpace

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bodacious! :thu:

I saw those on the OLP website and thought that they sure look cool. I was wondering when they were going to hit the market.Great looks and if the other models are any indication good sound, can't beat the price with a stick!

Cheers & Happy B-day to your son.

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Very pretty - and what a cool dad!

I hope someday my 8 year old will pick up something other than a fishing pole or a gamepad.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Here at work they've forever banned us from ebay so I can't see the new bass. From the other post I assume you got your son an OLP MM bass. Maybe someone here will be kind enough to tell me what it is and what finish is on it. I have the OLP MM3 and its a great bass. Congrats!

Nice grab! Beautiful finish! I have the OLP MM3 (5 string). Mine is just natural finish though. Wish my Dad had got me something similar 28 years ago!

I'm still trying to cultivate a bass-interest in my boy (age 10).

Push the button Frank.

groover,

http://images.andale.com/f2/118/108/5340921/click2enlarge/1111650843864_IM005814.JPG

hope that helps. It's a very subtle flame maple top, matching headstock. The pi'cs aren't hosted on eBay so I expect that'll work.

- Matt W.

Originally posted by Matt W:

groover,

http://images.andale.com/f2/118/108/5340921/click2enlarge/1111650843864_IM005814.JPG

hope that helps. It's a very subtle flame maple top, matching headstock. The pi'cs aren't hosted on eBay so I expect that'll work.

Thanks Matt! I was feeling a little left out. :cry:;)

That is a purdy one, tarsia. Congrats again!

Thanks everybody !

The bass will arrive next Wednesday & I'll post a review shortly after...., My son who's into Blink182 & Greenday would probably rather have the Black one, but when I saw this one in Amber with a rosewood fingerboard My GAS took over & since it's a one off prototype maybe it'll be

worth more then the AVG. OLP down the road.

I think they are going to do a "Photo flame"

w/maple fretboard, but nothing in a natural

W/rosewood board.

THNX, again !

:thu:

I'm Todbass62 on MySpace

Hey! You bought that bass from me. I set it up and sent it yesterday. It was part of a bunch of prototypes/blems/odd finishes that we bought from EMB/HHI (BC RICH,OLP,M Kelly,Traben). I think you'll like it. This was listed as "bad color combination". I think it looks great,though. It was supposed to be a clear,natural finish bit came out yellow. "Old Yeller".Its probably the only yellow one. It had no springs under the pickups and was never set up so I spent around an hour on it yesterday before boxing it up. I'll PM you my number here at the shop so you can call me if you want. I hope he enjoys it! You might not want to give it up. I have to admit that after I set it up,I didn't want to send it off.

Donut, Very Cool - What a small world ! Glad to hear from you, not sure if you're who I talked to

at the Store ? I wonder if this has happened with any other LowDowners ...???

Well now at least I know where to go if I have any problems LOL !!!!

And as a fellow Minnesnowtan, another Coincidence -

or is it ~~~~~~~~~ :D

I'm Todbass62 on MySpace

Originally posted by Gospel5.5theZealot:

you play a btb405? i always assumed that you were a soundgear man...well i guess we can still be friends.

Hey Jason,

Yep, a nice blue BTB405 :) But if it makes you feel any better, I'm thinking of buying a fretless Soundgear :) Either that or a fretless Yamaha, whichever I can find (and afford :D )

Cheers,

Eddie

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Originally posted by tarsia:

Donut, Very Cool - What a small world ! Glad to hear from you, not sure if you're who I talked to

at the Store ? I wonder if this has happened with any other LowDowners ...???

Well now at least I know where to go if I have any problems LOL !!!!

And as a fellow Minnesnowtan, another Coincidence -

or is it ~~~~~~~~~ :D

Ya. Yoo bot dat der bass from me for about too hunnard an fifty bucks,ya know.

You probably talked to Luke. He is the other guy here. I think there was another guy that bought a black MM3 from us. I can't remember who it was,though. If the changing conditions during shipping doesn't spoil my setup,it should play very well.

Awesome bass! :D

Just read this thread and when I saw Duluth on the auction page, made me wonder... and yep, it was Donut.

Of course, being from that area, he and I know a few of the same people as well, small world it is. Still sorry I ran out of time when I was up there and didn't get to stop in, dude. :(

ATM

So I called Richard at EMB today and he said that those two are the only two. There is a guy in Florida that ended up with the other one. The natural finished ones without the yellow tint like Musicfiend posted are the regular production models.

That's cool, I just wanted a natural finished one

with or with out the tint - but with a rosewood

fretboard, they usually only do those with a maple fretboard.

I'm looking forward to this thing arriving and checking it out !! I'll post a review soon afterwards ...

I'm Todbass62 on MySpace

Ok Here goes,My OLP reveiw !

I got the Bass (Ol' Yeller was even printed on the shipping box-LOL !)today & have spent at least a few hours with it, My son was there & helped me unpack it & he got to peel off the plastic from the pickguard - He is Def. Impressed as am I, for the price this seems like a great Bass ! Donut, I did have to tweak the bridge heights and a slight truss rod relief, probably after 4-5 days bouncing around in the back of a truck and or climate changes etc..., it was pretty Buzzy at 1st play. put after the minor adjustments we plugged in and were surprised at the tone ! I set my little practice amp EQ flat to start and really enjoyed the burpy "midish" punch with all controls at Max. Not really happy with the range of the tone control - but I had some Mod's ideas coming to me as I was playing this thing, Overall a really good beginner/intermediate bass & one I'll most Def. try with My band & could use as a backup....

Was surprised by the weight of this bass, I was expecting a lightweight, since most of the OLP's I've played have been & this is actually the same weight as my MIM Jazz 5'er - 10 lbs., this is good, heavy basses usually sound better !

I can nitpick & say there's some under finish flaws & the hardware is of the lower end but all

together My son & I are very Happy ! I'll try to get a Pic of the Kid & Bass this weekend !

:thu:

I'm Todbass62 on MySpace

Question to any OLP MM2 owners - It seems that the controls on my Sons bass seem reversed to me !

it should be Vol. for the front 1/2 pickup - then Vol. for the rear half and then a tone control

right ? this would make sense.. but the tone was

confusing me until I brought out the little screwdriver and did the tap the pole piece test,

sure enough they're reversed, no Biggie to make correct but just funny ~ I'll prob. be making it a Vol., Blend, tone thing or maybe Vol. p'up switch and tone - we'll see... I actually prefer the tone with both P'ups on full.

:cool:

I'm Todbass62 on MySpace

Archived