Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

R & B gig... Ends in Jam With Slash and Lukather

Mike Bear

"But to sit in on another cat's gig than dis him that's just not acceptable.

Post the fools name so we can flame him in person. "

Ha, no I would never do that. I was told who the guy plays for. It's impressive stuff. I was also told he was crazy and his personality can screw him out of a lot of gigs. So maybe his karma and well will run dry eventually. I think he was just being a hater. It was just so opposite of what bass players usually are to each other. I was very humble, friendly towards him. Even complimented him a few times. Must I keep my mouth shut next time and not offer up that bass player brotherhood to protect myself? That was honestly one of the only times I've encountered such a dissapointment from another bass player. Yes the man was very good. I was far from suckin though. But if he's got a guitarist's attitude, I'm sure nothing but himself would be good enough. But hey, that's probably what gets him through, in addition to his very good playing. Kinda annoyed me that half the time he was leaning up against the wall all lazy and bored looking. Oh well. Gonna make some calls today and see what I can do about getting paid. Thanks for all the posts and thoughts all.

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha sorry,

He kept decent time. I thought he did well. It was funny, he looked like a guy drumming who doesn't play drums. He was all smiles every time I turned to look at him.

Mike

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

Archived