Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer Bass V-Amp Desktop (Anyone using this Live?)

Stackimo

Behringer Bass V-Amp Desktop Virtual Bass Amplifier

Hail my friends,

I am interested in finding whether anyone has had the chance to use this product in a live situation or feels that it can be used live? The price is almost too good to be true.

I would also like to ask of its comparisn to a Sans equivelant. If the Sans is well above the Behringer, then do any of you use the Sans live?

And yes, I did perform a search. I am now looking for some updated imput.

Thank you

"Some people are like "slinkies". They're not really good for anything;

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a

flight of stairs."

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Stackimo:

Behringer Bass V-Amp Desktop Virtual Bass Amplifier

Hail my friends,

I am interested in finding whether anyone has had the chance to use this product in a live situation or feels that it can be used live? The price is almost too good to be true.

I would also like to ask of its comparisn to a Sans equivelant. If the Sans is well above the Behringer, then do any of you use the Sans live?

And yes, I did perform a search. I am now looking for some updated imput.

Thank you

'Have been itching to get one myself. An old bandmate has the guitar Vamp and really likes it. He was also able to find a website with 100s of free patches to add. The casing is not as strong as the Vamp, but he's had no problems with the knobs or jacks. However, he rarely used it on stage, so I'm not sure how well it travels.

I own the bass V-Amp and once owned the SABDDI, I have used them both live. The SABDDI had great sound and was indestructable but, IMO, lacked versatility. I bought the Behringer Bass V-Amp to give me the ability to make quick changes on the fly. I use it on a worship team at church where we can go from rock to country to R&B to Jazz all within 45 min. Most of the time its rock but I need to be prepared to go anywhere at anytime. The Behringer does this job well. I've been using it for over a year now and, even though it is build very cheap, it is still holding up, but I take very good care of my equipment and don't abuse any of it. I don't think the V-Amp will survive much abuse, seems like one bad fall off a table or and accidental kick across a stage floor could do some serious damage.

The sound, IMHO is great. I had compared it with a first generation Bass POD and thought that the V-Amp's amp models sounded just as good and in some cases better than the POD. The effects section, however, is very lack luster and does not compare to the POD.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by groover:

The effects section, however, is very lack luster and does not compare to the POD.

Hey, tell us more about the crappiness of the effects. Are they at all useable, or are they just a waste? Do they or the unit in general do any considerable tone-robbing? I ask because the rack mount version of this guy is sitting in a local store for a very cheap price, and I'm awefully tempted to give it a try, even if it's just for fun... ;) Gassity gas gas.... :P I could see it being very useful for my church worship group as well, plus it's got some guitar and vocal patches that I might find useful in my home studio.

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Hey Dave, the effects on the V-Amp (IMHO) just don't have much depth to them. They're not bad, just nothing special. They are useable, but they all seem to rob a little bottom end and tone.

I have a P-bass w/EMG's that I run through mine. I get great tone out of mine using the SVT Classic model with the cab sim turned off. (The cab sims really seem to rob tone and makes the bass sound muddy) The sound man at my church records all the live music on a hard disk recorder with everything in its own track. I've listened to the playback a number of times and the bass sounds good to me. The sound man really like the sound too.

Let me know if this helps or if there are any other questions.

Archived