Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Check out this bassline...not me (MP3)

Gruuve

We do some fairly jamming tunes in church. This is a cool bass line...very gritty sound and a nice shuffle.

Everybody Praise The Lord - MP3

As an exercise to help me get better with reading pitches, I created standard notation for just the verse bass riff...you can find it here:

Standard notation for the verse bass riff (PDF)

Enjoy!

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty funky song. THIS is a song where you could definitely throw some slap (if you're feeling it.) in and the music pastor may not mind...i say that b/c it's a real instrument heavy song.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Originally posted by Gospel5theZealot:

pretty funky song. THIS is a song where you could definitely throw some slap (if you're feeling it.) in and the music pastor may not mind...i say that b/c it's a real instrument heavy song.

jason

Hey Jason, actually this one speaks to me finger-picked...I honestly couldn't see changing it. This is one of those bass lines where I don't think I could improve upon it. The ones where I think I CAN improve upong it are the ones where I try something different...that slap is one of the things that I try in those cases...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't! :thu:

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Archived