Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pick Ups for Musicman

Stones

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe aero instruments makes one. As does seymour duncan, bartolini makes a couple models. An old friend replaced the seymour duncan jazz pickup that5 was in the bridge poaition of his warwick fortress with a bartolini humbucker. Instead of picking up that ever so adpet musicman raw tone, it just got phat...go figure
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

I have a suggestion:

That avatar of yours is so comically huge I rolled around on the floor laughing like a big stupid idiot jock for about ten minutes. Rezize that huge white space until it's somewhere close to the same size as the tiny tiny Rex Spector.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Da LadY In Tha Pink Dress:

Mind you that the REAL deal behind MM sound is the preamp i.e. MM pickup won't give full on MM sound without a preamp

:confused:

So are you saying a j pup at the neck on a mm will give you the mm sound?

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

1. Lane Poor pickups are not in production. You need to find them used or NOS. Because they have a good reputation, this is hard to do.

2. Stones never said that he was looking for a full-on MM sound. He said he had a MM knockoff and the p'up sucks. He wants to replace the sucky p'up.

Originally posted by musicfiend:

Originally posted by Da LadY In Tha Pink Dress:

Mind you that the REAL deal behind MM sound is the preamp i.e. MM pickup won't give full on MM sound without a preamp

:confused:

So are you saying a j pup at the neck on a mm will give you the mm sound?

3. No, Da Lady is not saying that. Da Lady is not suggesting that the magic is in the preamp by itself regardless of pickup configuration, but rather in the combination of the preamp and the MM p'up.

I recommend investigating Bartolini, Seymour Duncan, and Nordstrand MM replacement pickups.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived