Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bass Player: March 2005

73 P Bass

I just got it. Looks like a great issue on first scan.

I was surprised and pleased to see a face I recognize from the forum: Jason Atkins, aka. Gospel5theZealot! I was expecting BGO, but maybe next time.

I was disappointed with the siliconed in Ampeg flyer, that on removal ripped the page it was glued to (I HATE those things; they've been in bike magazines for ages now)! But other than that the content looks great.

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine last week. Just started reading it. Not sure how I feel about the aesthetics of the layout.

Definitely cool to see a tech column from Dan Erlewine (although I haven't read it yet).

Great to see Monsieur Atkins representing the LDL!

The article on James Brown's bassists looks promising.

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I read it. I need to review and give a formal review. So far I agree that the Ampeg catalog was poorly placed (in the middle of the James Brown article), I like what they've added, and I like the aesthetics. I liked the article on JB's bassists. But I still want to crawl through it like a good analyst. Herrera made me promise to do this before he'd send me that "bass terms" article.

Of course having Gospel5theBigHeaded ( ;) )in there is great, and hope to see BGO (and more of you folks) soon.

Tom

(actually, Mr. Herrera only asked for our opinions )

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Just got mine last night. I believe I like the new look and am looking forward to reading. I was happy to see the review of the Variax bass. Between the worship team at church and the friends I gig with, I need to be able to go from 60's rock/pop to modern rock and R&B to some jazz and country. Sometimes I need to make big changes very quickly. That Variax bass looks promissing to me. If only it was a five string...

Archived