Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Replacement speaker

Danzilla

I am finally getting around to replacing a blown 15" Eminence Delta. I bought it used, in a well-but-home-made cabinet, which was not ported. Solid, 3/4+ thick panels, yet surprisingly light. Anyway, I've been looking into the Eminence Kappa speakers. Has anyone had experience with them? The Kappa-15 is available as either 4 or 8 ohm; 30Hz - 2.5Khz range, 450 watts RMS and has "103dB SPL Efficiency", with a 1.75 mm excursion. The Kappa-15LFA is only an 8 ohm, frequency range of 35Hz-3Khz, and rated at 600 watts RMS, with a 5.5 mm excursion. I will mainly use it as the low end of my bi-amped Carvin rig, rarely on it's own, so I'm leaning towards the K-15 which focuses on the lower frequencies; yet the excursion range of the LFA is better? Any hints, wisdom, or technobabble? :freak:

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually will use ElectroVoice drivers for my cabs, however, any time I can get Eminence at a discount I will snap them up - never anything lower on the list than the Kappa Pro series.

Recently I finished a very small ported cab and found the Kappa Pro 15 was much better suited for the smaller box than the EV.

You often defeat the function of a woofer by sealing the enclosure. They move a tremendous amount of air and it has to go somewhere. Go here to find out about porting and tuning.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Okay - anyway this is a great and inexpensive place for drivers. Have never had a problem with these guys. BTW - go for the LFA.

Good Luck

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Archived