Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Year's Gigs

Wally Malone

Originally posted by 57pbass:

Happy New Year to all...

Our show went very well...The place was very very crowded -

$50. per person for open bar and buffet and live band from 9:30 PM until 2:30 AM.

Needless to say there where lots of drunks at our show dancing the night away...but we all had a great time.

Wally... what settings do you favor on the Factor.. I love the active notch #2 setting...one of my favorites...

JBFLA ..sorry to hear about the rough seas...

I use the 2nd active position as well, knocking out the mids. The one improvement I would like to see in the Kubicki is a high end more like that of a Bartolini. At the same time it would be great to get the low end of a Kubicki in a Bartolini.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work fellas. Congrats.

My gig was manning the grill and the bar at an impromtu party; cooked about 5 lbs. of beef, 8 lbs. of chicken, and enough hot dogs and sausage to feed an army. Who would have thought it would be 50.F in NYC on New Year's Eve?

My New Year's Gig - by me

So my 80\'s cover band played in Portland, OR at an event called The Champagne Ball . Said event took place in the grand ballroom of the downtown Hilton; and my was the ballroom grand! It was friggin' huge. It's a good thing it was friggin' huge, because there were 1100 people there. Very nice. Everyone danced, drank, and were generally depraved all night long. Good times.

I played the Alembic for the first set, then put it away for fear that it might get wounded as the night progressed (people on stange throwing party favors into the audience, people dancing on stage with the lead singers, etc..) I played the Musicman Sterling for the rest of the night.

Archived