Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Shadows & Light DVD Question

Edendude

My girlfriend gave me the Joni Mitchell 'Shadows & Light' DVD as a gift. Naturally I love it, and it's one of the best gifts I rec'd this year. I can't help but wonder if they have ever released a version of it without all the video over-footage of Coyotes, the Vegas strip, figure skaters and other fluffy crap. Sure would be nice to have an edited verson with nothing but footage of the band all the way through. Thank goddess they didn't dub over Jaco's solo with any of that.

Does a re-edit exist, does anyone here know?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The non-response from the group will probably give you the answer. This movie comes up in discusion here from time to time, and I've never seen any indication that there was another version around. It was a Joni Mitchell film, produced and (I think) edited by her. As is her way, she did what she wanted to do, no more, no less.

Bruiser

• 2 weeks later...
I went to the Mpls. show with that lineup - Joni Mitchell 'Shadows and Light' Tour. WOW!! I kept sneaking down to the front of the stage, and security kept sending me back to my seat. Security wasn't as tight in those days. Truly inspirational concert! Jaco wore a full jumpsuit with matching headband. I sent a note to him backstage, but he never came out or got it.

Yeah, I actually went to the concert, too, at the Greek Theater in L.A.. At the time, I was not a bass player, so I only knew the name Jaco Pastorius from having seen it on J.M.'s albums. Pretty good concert, as I remember, but we're talking over 25 years ago, and I barely remember the '70s for other reasons. :freak:

Bruiser

Archived