Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

musicman, man

parra

hey!

oright. i've deicded to be a cheap bastard and go for the musicman S.U.B. The only fault that i really disliked was the textured feel of the body. i was thinking of getting rid of this by sanding it, but keeping the original colour and the polyurethaneing it to make it shiny. does anyone know if this would work?

Thanx,

Parra :D

Footy....pie....Footy...pie..Footy..pie.Footy..Pie.FootyPieFootyPieFootypieFOOTYPIE.....mmm...Pie...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems like it would work, but why not find a used Stingray for roughly the same money? Okay, it may cost even a little more... Still, I tried a SUB and also didn't like the finished neck, either. I contemplated buying one as a backup for my Stingray, but couldn't get past the tar-and-gravel looking body paint. What a shame, for an otherwise super value. It must be Musicman's way of covering the SUB-par (pun intended) wood used in building these.

SUB-par (pun intended)
wow thanks for telling us that it is a pun. i missed it the first time, with it being in capital letters and all that :P

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

I think I agree with Rotosound...I'd save a few extras bucks and start looking for a used Stingray. Just me, but I hate the thought of buying something brand new and tearing into it for something like this!

There's quite a few Stingrays on Ebay right now...have a look!

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Archived