Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

High with Groove!

dohhhhh6

Today was Rock Homeroom day!

... but what is this Rock Homeroom mumbo jumbo...?

Every Wednesday my school has Academic Homeroom. Long story short, it's a free period to work on school stuff. As some of you know, I'm in jazz ensemble. Today, I got to "work" on my jazz ensemble stuff at homework: hence the name Rock Homeroom.

... but wait... you said you were in jazz ensemble!

Well, it was just me, one of the jazz ensemble drummers, and 4 freakin' snare drummers ouside jammin' to both some jazz ensemble songs and random riffs.

We covered everything from "Seven Nation Army," to "Hang On Sloopy" (EXTREMELY COOL), to Bonecrusher's "I ain't neva scared." We even did a very fun version of "Iron Man" with the 4 snare drummers. I just can't tell you how much fun it was! It was like receiving an apple pie from your mom out of nowhere. I was groovin' to myself the WHOLE rest of the day. Even angered a couple fellow students with my tappin' hands and soulful humming.

It was also pretty cool because the seniors were voting on a Friendship dance King and Queen at the stadium nearby. When they got out, we were playing "Hang On Sloopy" and we caught a few listeners including my brother and his girlfriend (kinda cool to play an awesome song in a awesome groove to a family member who doesn't think too highly of you).

In the end, my hands are a few blisters heavier, I've been invited to play with the band on the bleachers at the football games, and I've had probably one of the best jam sessions in my life. Needless to say, I'm so looking forward to next Wednesday. Plus, I think we're getting a guitarist next Wednesday, so that'll be too cool.

Just wanted to share my awesome experience with you guys!

LadY

In Skynyrd We Trust

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's cool !! :thu:

So you'll be playing with the Pep Band, huh? Welcome to the world of cold and rainy football games. But it will be fun, and you'll get to jam and stretch on lots of tunes. Expertise on the first 45 seconds of lots of classic rock tunes will be yours.

If you are lucky, you and your brother will be friends soon. It sometimes is associated with growing up. It worked for me and my younger brother....

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

In my music classes at school i just jam with a guitarist or two and some drummers i know for 75 minutes. its great but i would like to learn how to sight read some day :( , other than that i love just jamming all the time and getting 100% every term just for bringing my bass every class :D . Yes my music class is a joke.

peace

LadY LadY LadY!!!

I am so jealous! You are really going to town and having ALL of the cool experiences! Man, I wish I had the courage and drive that you have, when I was your age. You are cool to the MAX :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks so much for sharing that story. You brightened up a hectic day! :thu:

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Glad to've helped, Connie!

I'm most definitely asking around about that Pep Band thing. If I'm lucky (aka they let me do it), I'll get to play at the huge Turkey Day game (the game between my high school and the rival high school). My fingers are crossed.

Anyone else had one of those experiences where you had just such a good jam that you real sort of a high for a few hours? Simply the best thing I've like ever felt.

In Skynyrd We Trust

Originally posted by Da LadY In Tha Pink Dress:

Glad to've helped, Connie!

Anyone else had one of those experiences where you had just such a good jam that you real sort of a high for a few hours? Simply the best thing I've like ever felt.

Yes, a number of times.

One time that sticks out in particular was a rainy, cold, Saturday afternoon about 5 years ago. A guitarist friend and I jammed for hours, singing every song we new, with perfect harmonies (well, they sounded perfect at the time, and there is no tape to dispute that, but there is a line in Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage" that might explain why our singing sounded so good ;) ). We couldn't stop. Finally one of our wives made us stop and join our families for the evening.

I always smile when I think of that day.

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

Archived