Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

i have several tracks in my hands that cannot be redone. however they have a mild "air" noise throughout them. its most noticable during quiet parts of the track. i have tried steinbergs de-noiser but it ends up sounding like theres a wah or flange on the track. i have other plug ins, waves gold and cakewalk plugs. any ideas? thanks mark

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by mreiner: [b]i have several tracks in my hands that cannot be redone. however they have a mild "air" noise throughout them. its most noticable during quiet parts of the track. i have tried steinbergs de-noiser but it ends up sounding like theres a wah or flange on the track. i have other plug ins, waves gold and cakewalk plugs. any ideas? thanks mark[/b][/quote]Give it some time, go back and listen if it's really an issue- I ruined all my first DAW efforts getting hung up on noise. If, after letting it sit for a couple of days, it doesn't bug over good monitors, it doesn't matter and probably even benefits the overall sound. In my opinion. Load some CD remasters of older recordings you love into your DAW- betcha it's not as loud as the stuff you'll hear there. -Bobro

If the feel is there, let it go. If it's primarily in the beginning/end, you can do something like have ocean waves or crossfade something else in there to mask the sound. I've got stuff like that, too, but if the performance is there, it doesn't matter.

Archived