Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Slightly OT (music related) - the anticipation is killing me

Adamixoye

So, over a month ago I pre-ordered the latest release by my favorite band, Chevelle. It was supposed to arrive "on or around" the release date, which was today (September 21st). I've done pre-orders before (through other sources) where I got the CD early. But this one didn't come today, I haven't received the e-mail that it has shipped, and my credit card has not been charged. (I did get, and still have, the initial confirmation e-mail of my order, lest you think I made some mistake. Also, I ordered directly from Sony, lest you think I have been scammed.)

I used the customer service form on the website to inquire into the order status, and maybe I'm being unreasonable by not giving it at least a few more days, but...I WANT MY CD!!!

Alright, so do whatever you want to related to this thread...share a similar experience, sympathize, let it die. But I thought I'd let off some steam. HURRY UP, SONY!!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just hope it don't let you down. Does anyone remember the Calvin & Hobbes comic where Calvin is waiting for something he ordered from the back of a comic book? It was either a cap with a propeller on it or x-ray specs I can't recall.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Originally posted by musicalhair:

I just hope it don't let you down. Does anyone remember the Calvin & Hobbes comic where Calvin is waiting for something he ordered from the back of a comic book? It was either a cap with a propeller on it or x-ray specs I can't recall.

Well, I've heard two full songs (the single which there is a link for below, and a song off of a movie soundtrack, though I believe the latter will be a slightly different recording and/or mix on the album), and also at their website they are now looping 30-second clips of each song. But you can only listen to that so many times. Point is, what I've heard so far I like approximately as much as their previous stuff.

But I'll never turn down a Calvin & Hobbes reference.

Vitamin R (Leading Us Along)

For the record, it was a propeller hat. I hope that your cd provides more enjoyment than Calvin's hat did. :D

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

Quoting Sony:

Adam

I'm sorry but the autographed booklets were received in inventory too late

for the warehouse to ship your order early. Your order will be shipping

today via UPS 2nd day.

Thanks

Amy

Nuts...that means it will probably get here on Friday, but I won't get home before I head out of town that day. And I'm always looking for new CD's on a road trip.

I'm not hip to that particular band, never heard them. But I pre-order all of Mike Keneally's releases and I had Bryan Beller's View pre-ordered as well. The wait is brutal. I have generally received all of Mike's albums right around their official release date or a few days/weeks prior; depending on how he's dealing with that stuff.

I actually had a copy of View months before it released... but that was a rare exception to the pre-order thing and a bone-us feature of knowing the guy who's album it is fairly well.

Archived