Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Buying strings from the US

Tommi

Hello

I'm considering buying strings from the US because I have such problems finding strings to my six string bass here in Sweden. Could you please help me with links to some good places to order from with good prices and intl' shipping. I have used DR strings for several years but I'm open for other brands. PM me with links or reply here.

Thanks

--->Tommi

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, i really don't know about DR strings, i've only made a couple of string changes to my 6 stringer. I've always used Ernie Ball quite happily.

Basscentral.com i think, has this 'string club' in which you get discounts. Maybe music123.com could help also. Don't know if any of them would ship that far but asking doesn't kill anyone. Hope it helps!

Hey Tommi, was it you who told me a while back that you were going to the Glasgow Rush gig? if so did you make it? As far as the strings go Basscentral is great but i don't think that they'll send you out a single set of strings outside the U.S, i tried and if i remember right they said that it had to be three sets at least.Might be wrong right enough, it has been known to happen :D

At the mo i've got Spectors on my four string, Ernie BAlls on my five and Rotosounds onb my Six and i can safly say that the Rotos are the best so i'd go for them.

Much Love :thu:

Dave

"I am just an instrument cos the lord is playing this funk"-T.M Stevens

Hi

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

Yes, we made Glasgow from the 10th to the 15th of September. The Rush gig was awesome, our seats were front row on Geddys side at the entrance/exit aisle so we saw the show almost from profile. We thought our seats would be far more back so it was great. We had clear sight to the stage but unfourtunately there were two scanners hiding Neil. I got some photos and vids from the first half, after the intermission there was more security looking for cameras and after I was "caught" so I had to stop taking pictures. I had a rucksack in front of my feets so if you passed by you might have seen me.

Dave, check your PM.

--->Tommi

Originally posted by 57pbass:

Check out

www.juststrings.com

www.bassguitarstrings.us

www.sadowsky.com

I've placed three orders through juststrings in the past two years, and each time I was contacted via e-mail by a sales rep who encouraged me to contact them if any problems occur. Admittedly the wait time for e-mails may be a day or two, but they've always gotten back to me with answers, always sent confirmation notices when they shipped or back-ordered an item, and I got the impression that they were more than willing to process refunds and exchanges the same way. One of the better companies I've dealt with to date.

As far as international mail, I don't know how they handle that, and you should ask anyone you deal with about that, because regulations governing international mail tends to translate into "if it leaves my country, I'm not responsible for what happens to it when it enters your country". So if you can you should purchase insurance for your shipment.

:wave:

Thing is, there are some decent strings available on that side of the pond. I've found vendor sites during googlefests, vendor sites from the UK and mainland EU. And there are manufacturers and OEMs like Status, Rotosound, Thomastik-Infeld, etc.

Shouldn't be that hard to do it for cheaper than getting it from the US would be.

Archived