Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Termites on Bass: What's the 'freakiest' thing you've ever found in your house?

TShakazBlackRoots

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scorpions,Wolf Spiders, Carpenter Ants, Pack Rats (found a dead one in my studio, electrocuted himself by chewing into the main power cable), Vinegaroons, Crickets, Lizards of all sizes - all frequent visitors to Rancho Bajo, but the weirdest had to be a Skink - it's like a snake with legs, very creepy.

I used to live in Anchorage, and I used to wake up to find all kinds of odd things just outside the house. Moose were favorites. Once when I was a kid, I was late getting to school because there was a moose blocking the front door. In high school, I had a moose sleep outside my bedroom window for about a week. I had a lower-floor bedroom, & that meant that it was halfway below ground; so I'd look up out the window, & couldn't see anything but moose.

Then when you're camping, black bears are pretty common. Once we made the mistake of not cleaning up after a campfire party, & when we awoke there was a black bear sitting at the picnic table, eating marshmallows & potato chips. Turns out bears love junk food.

I found a nest of brown recluse spiders in my boxspring. Thus, I found the cause of all 47 brown recluse spider bites.

While I was in El Paso last month for work, I discovered a maid sleeping on the couch in the hotel room. Apparantly she decided to take a short rest and ended up falling asleep.

Originally posted by cornbread:

I found a nest of brown recluse spiders in my boxspring. Thus, I found the cause of all 47 brown recluse spider bites.

I'm not going to sleep for a month. I hate spiders. I hate the thought of a whole mess of them in my boxspring even more.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

I'm not going to sleep for a month. I hate spiders. I hate the thought of a whole mess of them in my boxspring even more.
Glad I could help the insomnia cause!

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

Glad I could help the insomnia cause!

You have no idea. I've already taken my bed apart and searched for suspect holes and/or things. Damn spiders.
The Bengal works on them the first time. They build up an immunity to it. I've found fire to be the best, as I burned that boxspring.

But, if you are bitten, I suggest the strongest antibiotic you can get your paws on and the strongest whiskey you can get down your gullet. In all honesty, when I would have a new bite spring up and would have a show or a tour that involved massive amounts of alcohol, the bites healed much more quickly than going sober with similar size and effected bites.

Originally posted by Social Critic:

I was on a service call and stopped by the house to pick up some paperwork and when I went upstairs to my room I caught my daughter and her boyfriend in full frontal "Flagrante Delecto"

There are some things a father should NEVER see. :mad:

Ditto. Same situation, but in my case it was my sister at our parent' home. Wasn't exactly what I wanted to see back then. Managed to sneak out of the house, they never knew I was there, and never mentioned it to anyone before today. Fortunately I was living elsewhere at the time.

:wave:

OOO... the moose story reminded me of something.

Years ago, I went out after a 16 hour day at work (the sixth in a row so I desirved it)I had quite a bit to drink, got home but was halted by 2 frisky skunks going at it for at least 2 hours right in front of my door. I wound up falling asleep on a parked car, I woke up once but the little buggers were still at it. :bor:

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

We once had a nest of Wolf Rats drown. Apparently, the nest was near a creek that had flood after a really heavy rain. We found about 7 of them dead in our back yard. Ever see a wolf rat? They're the size of a small dog/very large cat and with front teeth like a beaver. Looked like mutant/sci-fi/radiation experimentation gone wrong! I was just glad that they were dead!

*That's no ordinary rat!!*

dhurstlmt - Glad to see you're now living in TN! Great place to live! I'm about 4-1/2 hours Northeast of you (other side of Knoxville) in Kingsport.

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

In the boarding school where I was, a coakroach once entered my friends ear!! :eek:

I also remember a student who was busy munching popcorn in the darkness. He felt some little tickles in his mouth. When he spat them out, it was hairy cockroach legs!!! He chewed one! :D:cry::eek:

Women over here do all sorts of stuff with their hair. Weaving, chemicals, wigs etc.. A woman who was getting so many unexplained headaches went to the doc. When the doc lifted the weave, a bug had burrowed in her head and laid eggs. The wound was as big as a biscuit!! :eek:

Check your bed/room tonight!!! Sweet dreams. ;)

Walked in one night to find a note from my ex-girlfriend (yes, we shared a two bedroom for four months after breaking up, oh the humanity!) that said, "Don't step on Duncan, he's smaller than you." Now, I had no idea who or what Duncan was, so I just stood in the doorway and squinted through the darkness. I finally discovered Duncan under an end table, a Shar Pei puppy. Did you know that when Shar Pei puppies whine, it sounds like a cross between a baby crying and a pig squealing? Did that every time it was left alone.

Another apartment, another state, lieing on the floor watching the tube, and felt a Wolf Spider crawling over my head. The fly on the wall reported that he had never seen anyone move so fast, and never seen a spider bounce so high after it was hit with a size 13 boat shoe.

Archived