Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

QSC PLX 1602

xvincex

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see you have such good taste in gear! :D

I use those exact components with aN Alembic F1-x and its the best rig i've experienced and I don't plan on changing unless I blow out my back or bust a nut or something.

Originally posted by xvincex:

excellllllllent.

so, PLX 1602 -> MONO 8x10" = 1600 watts

thanks for the info.

I'm sure I don't need to say this, but just to cover all bases, remember to bridge it.

"For instance" is not proof.

You realize that by keeping your PLX turned up to about 60% or 75% you will have very little (something like .01%) total harmonic distortion. That means your speakers will last a very long time and give you a more accurate reproduction of your bass. I use a PLX 2402 in my rig with a SWR Grand Prix and it makes everyting I plug it into destroy.
I didn't come here to play. I came here to make babies.

Well, what does BRIDGED actually mean? (I'm french)

Here,s what I plan to do:

SansAmp RBI XLR output -> PLX 1602 XLR Input

PLX 1602 speakon -> Ampeg 8x10" Cabinet (Mono speakon plug)

Than set clip limiter on, and put the "Bridge Mono Switch" to ON on the rear panel.

To be bridged mono, the speakon cable has to be 1+ 2+ right?

Is there anything else to do ?

Orphan: To what level (dB) on front of the QSC PLX 2402 do you usually set ?

Well, what does BRIDGED actually mean? (I'm not french)

I'm sure google has the answer. Bridged simply means that both channels are driving the same load. The original signal goes to the left channel (for example) this signal also gets inverted and sent to the right channel. Thus, in the instant when the left side is at +6V the right is at -6V and you have 12V worth of signal.

Some amps may require you to physically connect two outputs (e.g. left negative and right positive) the remaining two outputs are then connected to the speaker. Note that neither speaker wire is at ground potential when you've bridged (when there's music playing). Anyway, I doubt you'll have to do anything other than flick a switch.

A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

What are these 4 knobs (2 red, 2 black) ???
The knobs aren't knobs they're speaker posts/ banana plugs ...just another connection. Looking at the picture you've given I'd get a speakon -> banana plug cable and plug the banana plugs into the two red terminals. But then again I'd also read the manual ;)

NB my previous post might be a bit dodgy/unclear the " 6V" is the terminal with " 6V" which might be the negative or the positive terminal depending on what got inverted and what the original signal was etc...ahh writing, my true calling!

A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

or use banana plugs the whole way...or just strip the end off the wire, tin it, and screw the terminals down...or use jumper leads from your car...coat hangers...old strings with heat shrink :D

b.t.w. what was the french comment about? Is the manual in french?

Haha no, I speak french (I made a mistake in the other post, I did mean i AM french) and there is some english words I don't understand.

Tom, I'm still a little bit confused with connections haha.

Help me out, check out the manual

http://www.qscaudio.com/support/library/manuals/plxmnl.pdf

Page 11.

This si the explanation of the Bridge Mode operation, yet their french translation suck.

Are they saying I cannot use the clip limiter when Bridge Mono ON?

If you use the correct speakon cable (as shown) it'll do the job. My guess is that the wrong cable (or a standard cable) will just give you chanel 1 anyway so it's pretty safe if someone uses the wrong cable sometime in the future. Note that you just use the gain etc from channel 1.

So either if I chose a Speakon -> Speakon cable or Speakon -> Banane it has to be wired 1+ 2+?
I was assuming you had banana into the amp and then the correct terminals into the speaker. Just take the whole lot to your local shop when you buy the cable.

Yeah it's pretty confusing hehe.

I think this is the deal:

- Standard Banana plugs into the power amp and standard speakon to the cabinet

OR

- 1+ 2+ Wired Speakon into the power amp and standard speakon to the cabinet.

Originally posted by xvincex:

Are they saying I cannot use the clip limiter when Bridge Mono ON?

No they are saying that when you are in Bridged Mono mode, you can't use the controls or the clip light of CHANNEL 2, since you are not using channel 2.

Here's as simple as it gets (please excuse the poor Photoshopping...I didn't have really hi res images.

http://rhee.net/amp2.gif

And the DIP switch settings are in the manual:

http://rhee.net/amp1.gif

Flip switch number 1 to the right if you want the clip light to work. And yes, ignore 8,9, and 10.

2 turns on the filter, and 3 sets the filter cutoff.

Archived