Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pix from Philly Guitar Show...

57pbass

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pic!

Now, may I bring a bit of cynicism to the topic?

If Gibson's Les Pauls are sooooo unique that they're really worth $3500, why are they on guitar stands, on a table? Oh, and there's a piece of fabric there to add some extra slip.

- Matt W.

Matt I thought the same thing when I first started attending...

99% of the time people are extremely careful and I have never seen an accident..

I am suprised you did not say the same thing about the 140K Les Paul

Its on the same type of stand...

www.danielprine.com

Doh! I missed that one. I scanned the thumbnails, but the flock of Les Pauls caught my eye. I'd like to see the Millionth Martin up close!

Granted, vendors show guitars like that all the time. If they had problems, I'm sure they know something about secure merchandising. Otherwise, they're insured. They don't need my smart arse telling them how to run their biz. :D

- Matt W.

I really didn't like the "bubonic plague" ric in there. I liked the zinky blue velvet amp for those smooth sensual lows, im going to have to get one, and soon, the ladies will come flocking. :D
"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

OK, I'll be nice this time. :D

I wish I was there, too. I will have to keep a closer eye on these things to see if/when they come to town.

The Private Builder picture is Brian Bowdren\'s booth. I hadn't ever seen his stuff before, but on his site he sells his own creations as well as Guild basses... I suppose that explains the influence. To me, the Pilot body works well, I nearly bought a D'Armond Pilot when I started.

Perhaps my dream Conklin just got some competition.

- Matt W.

Thats prety hot. The old Pilots are really nice basses and its a shame they aren't made anymore. I've never played the D'Armond basses but I can't imagine that the quality is on par. Maybe so.

I know one guy in particular that always tells me that he kicks himself for selling his Pilot years ago. I'll have to turn him on to this guy. Thanks to both of you.

WOW...what a show!!!...I wish I'd have gone...a couple questions though.....why was that "Lester" going for 140k and also the 35k Strat?...just curious...I couldn't read the various tags/cards...thanks much for sharing those pix!!...now I'll have to keep an eye out for the next one in my area!!.....

cheers!!! :D:thu:

Have you hugged your bass today?

Had to take a moment to wipe a tear from my eye. Haven't been back in the old home town for quite a few years. All the stuff I'm missing. And I could kill for a decent cheese steak and soft pretzel.

We never get anything decent here in Columbus (and don't bring up the D&D crowd that is decending on us).

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

why was that "Lester" going for 140k and also the 35k Strat

My understanding is that Les Paul is one of the 2000 made during 59-60. They are very desirable to collectors and players..They are not out there ...many are in collections..i think there is a guy with 100 of them in NYC......they sound great due to the PAF pickups and the woods. The strat is vintage Fender and I think the early 50's versions are some of the first Fenders ever produced. You might want to post this on the Guitar Forum you will get more info from them..

www.danielprine.com

"why was that "Lester" going for 140k and also the 35k Strat? "

57pbass,

Thanks for the reply...wow...some guy is sitting on 100 or so of those?.....must be nice......real nice.... :eek:

Have you hugged your bass today?

Archived