Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Slightly OT: Keyboard Software

Adamixoye

I might end up asking this question over at the keyboard forum, but I thought I'd give you guys a crack at it first.

My mom has a Yamaha Portatone PSR-8000. It has a MIDI out, and she wants some software that will accurately take what she plays and put it into standard notation and print it. I'm sure some of you have experience with this. Any suggestions?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really depends on how deep she wants to get into it. I am a beta tester for both Finale and Sibelius. If she has never used music software before but wants publishable quality scores, Sibelius is the way to go. If this is for church or somewhere else a bit more forgiving, you may want to look at the venerable Encore. There are also good scoring engines in many sequencing apps, but they may confuse more than help.

"For instance" is not proof.

Thanks guys.

It's mostly for church stuff. She'd like to be able to accurate score the music she plays in standard notation, automatically transpose it, and create chord sheets for other instruments. Functionality beyond that would be a bonus. She has used PrintMusic in the past, but didn't find it to be very accurate.

Archived