Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What really happened to MILITANT/PROTEST music?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happened to militant/protest music? It died. Maybe it was done in by a conservative or anyone else you should be approaching this with over in the political forum. Is this closer to the answer you were trolling for? Pm me if you want to discuss further, but please quit these type of questions disguised as a thread meant to promote your agenda. I've noticed at least two other threads you started that seemed to show what you wanted your trolling to show by when you answered to certain opinions. There is really nothing wrong with that but for the fact that, if you really pay attention to the subjects and replies in this particular forum, you will notice that while some of us have our personal political and religious views and opinions...we do our best to keep it all out what this thread is all about. The lowdown. The bass. If I'm out of bounds here people, I do apologize. Seriously.
Donnie Peterson

No one forced you to read/respond to this thread. If you feel that TSBR is just stirring the pot, don't respond. Check out the civility level on the political forum- we are the freakin' Stepford Wives by comparison. I always use flatwound str......oh, its time for my pill....don't you think Geddy lee is so cool?

www.ethertonswitch.com

if you really pay attention to the subjects and replies in this particular forum, you will notice that while some of us have our personal political and religious views and opinions...we do our best to keep it all out what this thread is all about. The lowdown. The bass. If I'm out of bounds here people, I do apologize. Seriously.
Mr Rockinredneck, your view is respected. But again I say:

1. Behind those beautiful bass guitars we keep playing, there are humans....bassists with divergent views. Basses don't post threads, they're simply instruments with no opinions. I cannot let myself become a bass guitar. I prefer to be a bassist, i.e Human. ;)

2. Without protest/militant music, I for one wouldn't be a bassist. I have tons of music by legendary bassists like Aston Familyman, Robbie Shakespeare, Steel Pulse and Flabba Holt. 97% of all these songs are militant or protest. :thu:

Why then should you get offended when I ask a sincere question as to what happened to the music that inspired me?

Archived