Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Met My First Lowdowner

RobT

Our very own Tom Capasso was in North Carolina and had a chance to bless me with his presence. He drove down from Winston-Salem to Charlotte and hung out with me for a couple of hours.

He is as funny in real life as he is online. We talked a little IT and of course we talked Bass!

We met at Midtown Sundries bar and grill. I had hoped they would have had some music going on. But we did get a chance to watch a little bit of my beloved Pistons take on the Lakers. Shared some fatherhood stories and pictures of the kids.

First time I'd met the guy but he sure seems like an old friend. Funny how online relationships tend to work out. If you swing meeting some of your fellow Lowdowner's I highly encourage it!

Tom, I don't know about you but that blonde sitting next to you at the bar was pretty darn hot. Now if I can stay away from any 'FTD' projects at work I won't get 'DSed'.

Keep It Low,

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff! Nice to hear y'all were able to hang. Tom is definitely a nice guy -- almost revoltingly so! :P;)

You didn't take him to Lupe's Cafe for chili? Is it still there on Monroe? (It's on Monroe, isn't it?) I used to enjoy a bowl of chili and a beer there. Had a running bet w/ a friend on the outcome of Knicks-Hornets games -- remember, the Hornets used to be in Charlotte. Anyway, Knicks won, he bought me dinner there. Hornets won, I bought him dinner there.

Time to time I miss living in Charlotte. I was only there two years, but it was a good two years.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

RobT - it was my pleasure !! I had a great time !!

What Rob can't say is that he's every bit as warm and welcoming as he says I am. We did talk like old friends, and it was so cool. If I get down that way again, we'll meet at a store so we can jam a bit. Rob actually suggested a home cooked meal next time (I guess you guys didn't tell him I'm not housebroken).

Oh - and the blonde. Rob and I went to the bar, and I went to sit next to her. She politely said she was holding the seat and expecting someone. I said "if you're expecting someone, I know it's not me" and shifted down a stool. She started saying something like maybe someone would be waiting for me, or maybe if she wasn't meeting someone - I don't exactly recall, because at that point I start to get nervous. I said something like "I doubt it", and just about never looked over again. Rob was sitting on the other side, so everytime he looked at me, he could look around me at her. Truth is Rob, there were two blondes I saw walk in while I was waiting for you that were even better than the one we sat near. That's a hot spot!!

I'm hoping for a possible NYC assignment (I'll be sleeping at home !!), and if that comes thru I'll be dialing up the local folks...

Willie - thanks for the kind words.

All - Rob and I got along so companionably. But which one of us do you think talks more? :eek:

Tom

(next time I'll make the test question harder...)

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Great stuff! Nice to hear y'all were able to hang. Tom is definitely a nice guy -- almost revoltingly so! :P;)

You didn't take him to Lupe's Cafe for chili? Is it still there on Monroe? (It's on Monroe, isn't it?) I used to enjoy a bowl of chili and a beer there. Had a running bet w/ a friend on the outcome of Knicks-Hornets games -- remember, the Hornets used to be in Charlotte. Anyway, Knicks won, he bought me dinner there. Hornets won, I bought him dinner there.

Time to time I miss living in Charlotte. I was only there two years, but it was a good two years.

Peace.

--SW

Yeah Sweet Willie, Lupe's is still on Monroe. I haven't been there in awhile. My stomach can't take the firehouse chilli like it used to. From my side of town I think it would have been closed by the time we got there. I also Gus Sir Beef in mind but that was a little too far also. I didn't want to take Shecky too far out of the way since he had to drive back to Winston-Salem.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Archived