Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

just got my bmp

soupster

Hey guys,

I just recieved my raven labs pmb and my bass master pro in the mail. I regret to say im disapointed. I wish i had a way of blending between the two pickups. I seem to be getting a very scratchy sound. I sat for a good 2 hours trying to dial in a good sound between my amp and the pre amp. I dont know whats goin on. Im wondering if it could be my amp, swr workingmans 15? I dont mean to be insulting in my complaint. Im sorry if I do. Well any suggestions guys? Is there a way for me get a blender between the 2?

less is more

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by soupster:

Hey guys,

I just recieved my raven labs pmb and my bass master pro in the mail. I regret to say im disapointed. I wish i had a way of blending between the two pickups. I seem to be getting a very scratchy sound. I sat for a good 2 hours trying to dial in a good sound between my amp and the pre amp. I dont know whats goin on. Im wondering if it could be my amp, swr workingmans 15? I dont mean to be insulting in my complaint. Im sorry if I do. Well any suggestions guys? Is there a way for me get a blender between the 2?

You do have a way to blend the two pickups. Plug a stereo (TRS) cable between the stereo pickup and the Raven's stereo input jack. I am guessing you are using a mono cable and are only getting one pickup.

I use the Bass Max wing pickup as my primary sound and add in some of the Double Big Twin bridge-top transducers for string details as needed. I keep the Bass Max side's EQ pretty neutral, maybe take a little treble off the DBT and add a touch of bass to it as needed. You'll have to make some adjustments to compensate for the character of your fifteen-inch based cab. It shouldn't be scratchy.

1000 Upright Bass Links, Luthier Directory, Teacher Directory - http://www.gollihurmusic.com/links.cfm

[highlight] - Life is too short for bad tone - [/highlight]

Archived