Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can't remember this freakin song...

rub_a_dub_stylie

Don't you hate when you can't remember a song you've heard who knows how many times.

The song I'm trying to remember is this old funk tune (70's I'm sure) with a female vocalist. It has this sweet bass intro, kind of long intro as well. And I believe the first line is something like.. If you want me to stay, I`ll be around the way..

Something like that. Help me out y'all. :thu:

Nothing you do in life is ever wrong, some things just aren`t exactly right. Or some crap like that.

www.richfieldmusic.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rub_a_dub_stylie:

It has this sweet bass intro, kind of long intro as well. And I believe the first line is something like.. If you want me to stay, I`ll be around the way..

"If You Want Me To Stay" by Sly And The Family Stone. Great tune, great great tune. Also covered rather well by the Chilis.

Was it Larry Graham playing that gorgeous fat pulsating bassline?

Alex

P.S. It's Sly on vocals and he ain't no girl! (The vocal is actually quite low but sung with a very high nasal 'funk' tone - word up!)

If You Want Me To Stay is from the album Fresh by Sly and the Family Stone. (A great album, IMHO--I learned the whole thing note-for-note when it came out.)

Larry Graham was no longer in the group when that album was recorded. Rusty Allen was playing bass with Sly at that time and his picture is on the album, but it sure sounds like Sly's bass playing to me.

Boy is my face a little red. First of all, I can't believe my memery could decieve me and make me think Sly was a female. And second, HOW THE HELL COULD I THINK SLY WAS A FEMALE!!! Anyways thanks all.

Lates, Kyle

Nothing you do in life is ever wrong, some things just aren`t exactly right. Or some crap like that.

www.richfieldmusic.com

Let me try mu luck now.

When I was growing up.. :rolleyes: there was this song Long Train Running , a different version played by a band called...Fire., or something sounding like that.(quite not sure about my memory on the band name) And the bass playing was a slapped and plucked version. This version was the reason for me to start slapping. Does anybody know what band did this version of Long Train Running? Any hint? :cry:

Archived