Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If God says 'You can only own one bass', which one would it be?

TShakazBlackRoots

wow, never thought anone would bump this thread :rolleyes:

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Adamixoye:

Originally posted by BigKahuna855:

wow, never thought anone would bump this thread :rolleyes:

I seem to remember that this isn't the first done Fred has done that (i.e. randomly bump a thread that seemed to have run its course).
It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. You don't walk away from a car because the gas gague reads empty.

:cool:

For me, I'd have to stick with my Alvarez AEB6-PB.

http://www.alvarezgtr.com/bigguitarsmedia/AEB6PB.jpg

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Originally posted by mattulator:

What about accoustics in heaven? Boomy? Echo?

Matt - the acoustics will be perfect.

Ace - Fred talks about the joy of the journey - your heaven will not be the bass you play, but the many basses you create.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Originally posted by jeremyc:

And if you go to Hell, you get an accordian.

That's okay, as long as I'm not playing it while on a river adventure w/ Burt Reynolds in W. Va. w/ a banjo playing in the background... :eek:

:D

Boy ya shure do gotta purdy mouth.

You wil be on said river for an eternity :)

I'd probably stick with my ibanez sr485 since it's the only bass that i know.

but i'd redesign it so that it is a 6 string bass that has a 34" (no change from what it is now) scale that is tuned:

F#, B, E, A, D, G.

The F# would be unbelievably low, however it would also be extremely clear (through amazing advances in physics and acoustics).

This would eliminate the need for alternate tunings during songs written in keys like Ab, A and Bb where you just kinda wish that you could get a little bit lower on the lows.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

"God" already has spoken and it's a '99 or '00 Candy Apple Red MIM Jazz Deluxe 5 string. My wife is OK with one acoustic, one electric, and one bass but I can't get another unless I get rid of this one first. ;)

Dave O.

--------------------

Dave O.

Archived