Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: if you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have lived in Barcelona, Spain, and spent significant time in other European countries. I still like California the best for day-to-day living and would always want to maintain a residence here, but I would also have a house on the Costa Brava (rocky coast north of Barcelona) on a secluded (no tourists) cove with a nice beach.

Guy

Costa Brava sounds nice, I loved the Mediterenean, the culture and the lifestyle is great.

Maybe for me, Antigua because I love the Beach, or St Croix. Trieste in Italy was a really nice city, as was Amsterdam (not for the drugs or red light district, but the culture and the arts and liberal society), and Copenhagen (but Copenhagen was expensive when I was there).

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Somewhere in the Mediterannean. Like badgerbass, I've spent a good amount of time in European and Mediterannean countries, and any country in the Med is ideal for me. I did like Sicily alot, though Barcelona was a killer nice city.

Of course, that's when I hit the lottery.... :)

Bassplayers aren't paid to play fast, they're paid to listen fast.

I think I would choose to settle in the West Coast of the US or Canada. I love the weather of southern California. Having money enough, I would love to settle in a city in the brazilian coast. The musical richness you are in constant touch with in Brazil is unbelievable. :thu: Problem is it is difficult to make a living. Zurich, where I happen to be now, is interesting from the musical point of view, though sometimes boaring and hectic (not a contradiction). The spanish, french and spanish mediterranean coasts ave all dream sites. I must add that the northern spanish coast (Basque country, and particularly San Sebastian) is also a fantastic place to live. The San Sebastian Jazz Festival is a must. ;)

"If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn"

Charlie Parker

I'd live where i have been for 46 years-BROOKLYN-CANARSIE-beaches,sheepshead bay,coney island -1 1/2 hrs to NY -the best!

PS-my folks are still here-though I need to seek other opportunities right now.LA sounds good-Later

Ireland

The home of my grandfather. I visited when I was in college and fell in love. I should have stayed.

pray peace, all love and unity

"There are only two kinds of music; good and bad."

~Duke Ellington~

In the spring, summer and autumn, nowhere but Maine.

In winter, anywhere but Maine.

I have lived in Boston, St.Louis and Austin and enjoyed them all. I've told myself a million times that I'm a musician so I should live somewhere there's a music scene. But I keep getting drawn back here, and it has one thing noplace else has: it's home. So at this stage of my life I've decided to be o.k. with being an avocational musician. I'm working with behaviorally-challenged, developmentally-disabled adolescents and am going to get my teacher certification.

The point is, I guess I already am where I want to be...

if i had my way- i would live in a democratic Havana- the city where i was born - it would be a return to my roots- where music is plentyful and HOT !

the Island is beautiful, it would be my dream, but Castro's GOTTA GO!!!

Praise ye the LORD.

....praise him with stringed instruments and organs...

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

excerpt from- Psalm 150

visit me at:

www.adriangarcia.net

for His glory

I don't know but Minnesota, where I am now, is just too cold in the winter and the winter lasts for about 5 months. The rest of the time it is great :D

I wanna move south in a couple of years. Actually I want to move south this Fall (before the snow starts falling again) but, I've got to wait a while :rolleyes:

HypnoBassMan

The deeper you go the better you feel! (True for bass and hypnosis.)

I would live in either Vancouver B.C. (canada), Amsterdam (for umm....recreational reasons ;):P ) or Jamaica (for other recreational reasons ;):P )

I dont know about amsterdam but i know jamaica and vancouver have some pretty cool music scenes. Ideally i think it would be Jamaica in the winter when its cold in Canada and vancouver in the summer just because its a cool city, and i'd visit amsterdam every once in a while.

peace

EDIT: I' think i'd also have a place in the Isle of Sky in Scotland because its just sooooo beautiful there and its where my ancestors (the clan MacLeod) are from so it would be kind of getting back to my roots so to speak.

There are many places I would like to visit. But I want to live right here in the good 'ol U.S. of A.

I live in the city but eventually I will move out into the countryside "away from the things of man"

Cheers

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Hi!

I wonder if you are only referring to places where it would be worthwhile living due to a musical environment - of course y'all right, lots of beatiful places in the world: here in the northern part of Germany, Bulgaria (beautiful landscape and lots of opportunities), Vancouver, B.C. (for the best mix of super landscape, easy-to-go-with people and all you could want for (except 24hour sun!)), Kenia (loads to see, opportunities), France (the way of living, beatiful architecture), Italy (the same), Spain (again) - but in a musical context I would love to live in Copenhagen, Denmark (awesome jazz szene, beautiful city and people), Stockholm, Sweden (same) or London (you'll find about every musical nuance in a great great city with very easy-going people), where I hope to move to by the end of this year!

Peace and Groove!

Goldfinger

I'd like to live at least 20 miles away from anyone else. Nice unibomber style shack with clean electric, and cable. Maybe somewhere where the weather is nice but not too hot.

Hey getz, Hoboken catching up to Manhattan fa$t.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Originally posted by butcherNburn:

Hey getz, Hoboken catching up to Manhattan fa$t.

True, the price is about the same.

You trade square feet for direct access, I guess. :D

Which yuppie-rat-tower should I move into next? ;)

PS - I haven't been in North Bergen since they shut down the Naval Base. :D

I've been to most of the states.A few different countries.a couple islands but no place is like home. Lousisana-ya its hot and humid,the mosquitoes will tear your ass up,but the winter doesn't last long and the food ain't bland.And the fishings good year round.
Rock-n-roll junkie

It's kinda tough to just up and call a new place "home." I lived in and around Paris for two years, and a lot of people think it's just a fantastic romantic, cultural haven. And it is. But it's very difficult to be a displaced American in a foreign country. It's much more a matter of the mind than of money or language.

I've not yet found my "paradise," but I really enjoyed growing up in the northern suburbs of Dallas. I'm sure there are many places that I will yet discover that will enchant me.

In the U.S.: I would have to say upstate New York (I was born there) in either the Catskills or the Adirondacks with a nice trout stream running through our back yard.

Elsewhere: Iceland for its beauty and purity and Amsterdam for its rich culture, tolerance and pragmatic social policies.

Archived